P-10

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by Pasquanel, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Pasquanel

Pasquanel Proud to be an American Supporter

I have the opportunity to pick up a like new Para-P10 for $450 it seems like a deal to me as the little 45 has always tripped my trigger but I haven't owned one. What do you guys think?
    p.s. It has no paper trail and its stainless with box and 2 mags

2. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

Never owned or handled one, but have always read good things about them. P-10, compact 1911 style right? Beaut if I recall correct. I'd jump on it, though I'm not quite sure what you mean by no paper trail.

3. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I had the P10-45. I traded it for something else. Sorry later. Wish I still had it.

4. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

That is not a bad price for a 1911.

5. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

In most states, purchasing a firearm from an individual does not require a background check. This is what anti-gunners refer to as the "gun show" loophole.

It is wise to get a bill of sale, but not legally required.

6. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

Interesting use of the term. I would never buy private party amd will strongly recommend against it. Unless from family or friend.

7. Pasquanel

Close friend and LEO no problems there and I'll have a bill of sale. I can't wait to try it out this weekend!:D

8. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

I'm excited for you. Wish I could be there to see your enjoyment. Take pictures and share them here!!!

9. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I have purchased from a private party plenty of times. You never know what kind of deal you can get from someone who is down on their luck. You get a new gun...and maybe help someone pay their rent. Sounds like a win-win to me. Most criminals dont run ads in the paper selling guns. They have a different type of marketing plan.

One thing to remember...the Para P series of pistols are double stack frames. Very few 1911 accessories will actually fit on them.

10. Pasquanel

I own several full size 1911 a Beretta PX4 in 45 and a Taurus Mill. pro in 45 but something about the P-10 has always intrigued me. Its one of the few 45,s I wold consider carrying at work all day.
    This is part of an estate sale the guy was a hoarder and bought several of everything I managed to get to this before the buyers came in. :D

11. Pasquanel

Picked the P10 this afternoon rushed home ran 30 rds of TulAmmo through it and 20 rds of Plus P HP no failures of any kind and while it was an informal plinking session accuracy seems very good. I think I'm going to love this thing:D

I am looking to buy a couple of spare mags they seem rarer then hens teeth any ideas anyone?

12. Pasquanel

I tried all of those even Para is out of stock. One of the sites will take my money till they get some in :p

13. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

I'm wondering if that is why you got it so inexpensively.

14. Pasquanel

I wrote to Para and got a reply saying they should be available soon so I'll wait and see. It appears the P10 Warthog mags should work as well.