OWB mag pouch

Discussion in 'Firearm Accessories & Gear' started by okieboy, Sep 2, 2013.

1. okieboy

okieboy New Member

I'm looking for a highly concealable OWB mag pouch. Preferably a double mag pouch but i can deal with single if necessary. I want an easy on/off capability, not a belt slide type. The nature of my day has me outside my house for 10-12 hours a day in one stretch, so obviously I use public restrooms. This is why I want the easy on/off capability. I don't want to unthread my belt multiple times a day. I've looked at the fobus and safariland paddle pouches and like the idea. But I was hoping to get some first hand experiences? Anybody use these type of mag pouches? Or any other brands somebody recommends? Like I said, it has to be easy on/off, and be easily concealable under a loose t-shirt. This will be for a Glock 23 if that matters.

2. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

I have magazine pouches and holsters with steel clips to hold them on my belt. They are very difficult to hook on a belt without threading them. People say they can just snatch a gun off someones belt that is held with a steel clip. I think there is an idiot born everyday. I go horseback & 4 wheeler riding with a nylon holster with a steel clip. Limbs hit it all the time. Mules will try to rub you off on a tree. I have never dropped a gun. The magazine pouch itself is not a hinderance in the bathroom. Maybe a cheapo magazine pouch with a plastic clip is the answer.

3. okieboy

okieboy New Member

I'm not sure what your point is? I have holsters with steel clips that I can easily pull off my belt without threading my belt through them. I'm just looking for recommendations. I was interested in a Fobus paddle holster but cant find one for my glock mags

4. derpie

derpie New Member

5. derpie

derpie New Member

6. okieboy

okieboy New Member

7. derpie

derpie New Member

I find it very concealable , tek lok is how it latches to your belt. Almost like an locking clip on however it easily removable. They also offer an j hook attachment but I prefer the tek lok for the double mag pouch. With this you wouldn't need to remove your belt to uninstall or reinstall your gear.

8. okieboy

okieboy New Member

I actually spent an hour chatting with a brownells support staff yesterday and after working it down I ordered a Blackhawks CQC mag holder. If I like it ill order a second one. For $17 it's worth a shot.

9. derpie

derpie New Member

Ok cool. Hopefully it fits the bill