OWB holster for Kahr P380??

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by landonk, May 31, 2013.

1. landonk

landonk New Member

I have been scouring the local shops, looking on the internet...etc and seem to have found a void when it comes to an OWB holster for the Kahr P380 and could use some help.
    Here is what I am looking for in a holster:

It has to be small.
    Kydex or similar material, but not mandatory.
    High ride on the belt.
    Clips instead of loops so I can take it on and off without removing my belt. My job dictates that it comes off and on a lot and removing my belt several times a day gets old quick.

I want to be able to conceal it under a t-shirt, fleece...etc and I already have a Galco IWB holster for another gun that fits the bill OK for IWB. But, since this gun is so small I would prefer to carry OWB.
    Thanks

2. ttsl

ttsl New Member

why settle for such a feeble gun in a belt rig? pocket guns are for pocket holsters. You can have a much, much more effective gun in a belt rig. like a 25 oz compact .45, or a 20 oz 9mm. Check out the $250, used, keltec PF9 9mm, 13 ozs, smaller than a .38 snub. Twisted Industries makes a .22lr conversion unit for it. the money you save practicing with it quickly pays for the .22 unit, once ammo prices return to normal ( a few months, at most).

3. orangello

orangello New Member

4. landonk

landonk New Member

I have other larger guns and also carry the p380 in a pocket holster.
    I have dress code issues at work that do not allow me to easily conceal a larger gun in warmer weather. That and my pockets are often full of other items needed to do my job so adding a hand gun into the mix can often be problematic as far as how it is carried. Plus khakis and a polo tucked in are pretty much the norm for summer attire. (that is when pocket carry is pretty much my only option)
    I completely agree with what you are saying, but I am trying to solve a specific carry issue I have. If not for that I would throw my XD or Glock 26 on my side and life would be good :)

5. landonk

landonk New Member

6. Missouribound

Missouribound Well-Known Member

Look at the Fobus paddle holsters. I bought one for my S&W Boodyguard .380 and it's perfect. Adjustable retention and easy off and on, with adequate security. They have some which rotate, some with rubber backing.
    The paddle is compact, like the gun. And they are around $30-35.

7. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

I bought a Fobus for mine and I have no complaints.

8. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

I have 3 slot pancake holster made by Blackhawk for my P95. It's very comfortable with the larger pistol. Blackhawk makes a 3 slot kydex holster for smaller guns. I see them advertised at amazon for around $20. Blackhawk also makes a leather 3 slot holster for small guns that has a different retention system you might prefer for it's slimmer profile.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2013
  9. landonk

landonk New Member

I did look at the Fobus yesterday in the LGS. Was not sure it would fit, but may have to go give it a try now based on what yall are telling me.
    Going to give the blackhawks a look too.
    Thanks!

10. ttsl

ttsl New Member

wow. Why don't you just admit that you aint really serious about ccw? Cause that's the reality of it. if you are worried about deep concealment, you wont be using an owb rig, ok? if you cant find other places to put the other stuff, (instead of your pocket) you aint trying. That stuff can SHOW, your gun can't, all right? so wear the other stuff in some sort of belt pouch.

11. landonk

landonk New Member

Exploring all my options ;)

Need different holsters for different times of the year, weather, work situations...etc.

12. Missouribound

A gun the size of the Kahr is very easily concealed OWB. Is your "know it all" attitude going to be your signature?

13. Missouribound

Good idea. And what will most likely happen, is that you will have several holsters for that gun, and will find reasons to buy more, and occasions to wear each of them. Holsters are like shoes, nobody has just one pair. And I'm not sure if the Fobus paddle is available for that Kahr, but I'm sure other mfg's. make one.

14. landonk

landonk New Member

Exactly.
    Then you sell the ones you are tired of or no longer use and put that toward more gear or guns....etc.
    Just sold a galco for my XD and picked up a N8squared for my G26 (love it)
    but want to have plenty of options for the 380 as well, especially on those days when I maybe have on an untucked shirt.
    And then in six months I will change my mind again and the process repeats :)