Ow Owowowowowowowow.....

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by c3shooter, May 3, 2011.

1. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

For all you youngsters- had to go see one of my Docs today. Spots on my scalp (most of which is no longer adorned by hair) that were looking like they should not. His diagnosis- not skin cancer- YET- but they needed to come off. So out comes the little cannister of Liquid Nitrogen.

Zap. (Owtch!) ZAP. ZAPZAPZAPZAPZAPZAPZAP. DANG that stings. Followed a half hour later by the darnedest headache I have had since they quit making straight nitroglycerin dynamite.

So now I have a scalp full of blebs- frostbite blisters- where he killed off the skin that was going bad. After a few days of looking like a zombie in bad repair, I'll shed that, and have nice pinky skin like a baby's butt there. But he wants me back in 6 weeks.

My Lords and ladies, I seek not your sympathy (although an offer of a beer would not be out of line). Rather, I seek to enlighten, encourage, and to STRAIGHTEN (in the words of Lord Buckley) you young cats and kitties that spend time in the great outdoors, basking in the full unrestricted rays of Sol.

In a nutshell- knock that crap off. I spent too much time in the sun, in an era when REAL men did not use sunblock, and I am now paying for that. For those that have not proceeded as far down this trail, go get a hat. And get some GOOD sunblock. Matter of fact, get a few tubes. Throw one in your range bag.

So- you still have hair. Big whoop. So did I when I was your age. And the back of your neck, top of your ears, and your nose/forehead need protection.

Or give it a few years, and feel the kiss of Liquid Nitrogen- at -321 degrees F. I shall, of course, taunt you.

Ow.

Last edited: May 4, 2011
  2. Poink88

Poink88 New Member

C3, If you are close enough, I would buy you some beer.

I lost my dad via brain tumors that metastasized from a skin melanoma. I hope people will listen and heed your advise. Thanks!

Last edited: May 3, 2011

3. Jesse17

Jesse17 New Member

Thanks for the warning C3. Hope you head feels better!

4. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

C3, I've been touch by liquid nitrogen....not fun.

5. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

Pics or it didn't happen! :)

6. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Glad you took care of it early c3 and that you are taking it like a man!! :D

7. freefall

freefall New Member

C3, buy yourself 3 beers (good ones, need a church key) and put 'em on my tab.

8. Gordo323

Gordo323 New Member

Yes folks, listen to C3, while I still have hair, gray as it is, my arms have taken a beating from the sun and I have a permanent redneck tan.
    Wear sunblock and hearing protectors!
    Heres a beer and tacos for C3 :D

Last edited: Jan 22, 2012
  9. falseharmonix

falseharmonix New Member

C3, get better soon!

I've got a head full of curly locks, but if genetics hold true (and so far they have) I wont have a whole lot of hair by mid 30s. I also burn quite easily with my pale English skin, so sunblock is always with me!

Good advice for all! :D

10. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Thanks for sharing and I hope it feels better soon.

I will heed the advice! :)

11. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

My Father had to have some spots taken off his head and said the same thing.

Hope you get to feeling better.

12. orangello

orangello New Member

Wait, you mean a Redman mesh cap isn't enough protection? :eek:
    Oh well, another excuse to not go to the doctor.

13. Car54

Car54 New Member

C3, you can look on the bright side (no pun intended), at least they didn't have to shave your head to get to the spots.

Seriously, hope all goes well for you.

14. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Not to try and "one up" you, but I have received the liquid nitrogn on more spots than I care to count. I have had numerous spots excised and biopsied. My latest year long round with the micrographic surgeon left me with a dozen scars where I was layed open and stitched up.

Skin cancer is NO JOKE!!

15. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Robo- We need a "Vampire" badge here on FTF for those of us that avoid the sun!

16. orangello

orangello New Member

Mayhaps a "ginger" badge? :D