over under

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by TooStrongTerry, Mar 29, 2012.

1. TooStrongTerry

TooStrongTerry New Member

What is the best/most affordable over-under shotgun? I own two pumps but everytime I see one of these (no matter what brand) it catches my eye. I think they are gorgeous.

@TooStrongTerry

2. tonydewar

tonydewar New Member

how much are you going to shoot it?the cheep imports on the market dont hold there value or stand up to as many rounds. on the cheep look for a good used beretta browning ruger ect expect to pay 800 or so but you have a solid gun you can get your $ back moving up

3. TooStrongTerry

TooStrongTerry New Member

This is just like a "dream gun" situation. I'm in no rush...and really I just want one eventually. Money isn't too much of an option

@TooStrongTerry

4. tonydewar

tonydewar New Member

well in that case lust for a kohler

5. cottontop

cottontop Guest

Best and most affordable may have two different meanings. Check out the DeHaan line of O/U's. They are made in Turkey but are really good quality guns for the money. I own a DeHaan and the quality of it seems to be right on par w/ my Browing Citori and my Valmet. The Dehaan cost me about $900 at the time and several guys out at the club where I shoot skeet have guessed the price at around $3000.
    cottontop

6. tonydewar

tonydewar New Member

have never seen one but if the quality is there great price. who imports it?where are you shooting down there i try to shoot tbsc and fishhawk at least 1 time a year

7. cottontop

cottontop Guest

I just went to the DeHaan website. I bought mine about 10 years ago and I see they have gone up in price considerably (like everything else). DeHaan Shotguns in Idaho imports them. They have all kinds of custom features and you can order one anyway you want. Just google DeHaan and their site will come up. I shoot shotgun at The Polk County Skeet and Trap Club in Winter Haven. I shoot rifle at the Saddle Creek shooting range in Lakeland.
    cottontop

8. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

another decent O/U shotgun is the Stoeger Condor. they aren't a Browning Citori or a high dollar shotgun, but for a casual shooter or hunter, they are IMO a well made O/U shotgun. they wouldn't be my choice for a competition shooter, but are a decent shotgun for the price.

9. tonydewar

tonydewar New Member

been there got the tshirt imho learn at my expense skip it

10. Axxe55

i already have one. works great. i have had great luck with mine, that's why i suggested it.

11. cottontop

cottontop Guest

My son had a Stoeger Condor a few years ago. The stock and fore arm were stained hardwood and not walnut. Nothing really wrong with that, but the worst problem it had was that the barrels were not regulated at all. The choke tubes did not seem to be concentric either. As a result, one could not hit a barn door at 20 feet with it much less ducks at any distance. He traded it off.
    cottontop

12. Axxe55

i don't know about others Stoeger Condors, but mine hits where i aim it. i am so far pleased with it's performance and price, and so much so that i am looking for another one in 20ga to go with it.

13. tonydewar

tonydewar New Member

i had a condor comp in 20 poor barrel regulation would not switch barrels with light .75 loads then started to double all within 1000 rds traded for a beretta (not the best barrel regulation ) but that gun was solid as a rock never a hickup wish i still had it

14. tonydewar

tonydewar New Member

just checked there web site@900 you got a deal . i would like to try one and see how it feels

15. cottontop

cottontop Guest

tony,
    How far from Lakeland are you? You could always check out my DeHaan. Shoot me a pm and we'll see if we can hook up sometime.
    cottontop

16. tonydewar

tonydewar New Member

im in navarre way nw. i get down to ocalla/tampa a few times a year

17. cottontop

cottontop Guest

Tampa

Let me know ahead of time when you will be in Tampa. I am about 30 miles dues east of Tampa.
    cottontop