Outdoor range question

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by JayCody, Jan 15, 2014.

1. JayCody

JayCody New Member

I have never shot at an outdoor range before but I am planning on going to a public range. I have one question, do most outdoor ranges allow you to move the target stand? The range is a 100yrd rifle range and I am wanting to shoot at a closer distance. Thanks for the help

2. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

Most I have been to go from 25 to 100 meters for each shooting lane. Both military and local ranges. I guess it depends if the range has the ability to change distance (i.e. materials, shooting target and mounts for the targets.) You can always call....

3. JWagner

JWagner New Member

If the range has a web site, your answers might be there.

4. JayCody

JayCody New Member

Yeah like I said its a public range, I'm probably going to have to contact the man in charge.

5. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

The city range where I live has a controlled environment for safety reasons, range hot and range cold, etc.

Regarding targets, they have non-moveable targets at the 200 yards and further up on the hill to simulate the 500 and 1000 yard targets. No pop ups unless a coyote, pigeon or other animal comes into fire zone!

Folks can pull a target from the container and put up their own target sheet at the 10, 25, 50 100 or 200 yards.

The biggest issue can be at times the environment. I have not been to the range in 1 month, the weather has been nasty wind and not worth wasting .22LR ammo or any other ammo. I do not mind the weather, it is measuring the cost factor.