out of state permit to carry in nh

Discussion in 'Massachusetts Gun Forum' started by johnfs, May 17, 2013.

1. johnfs

johnfs New Member

has anyone applied for new hampshire out of state permit to carry how long did it take

2. nhsuper44

nhsuper44 New Member

should not be too long, residents have a turn around time of 10 - 14 days ( i'm pretty sure:confused:) But it's a simple background check. hope that helps, Terry.

3. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

As far as I'm aware......We are a shall issue state. Any denial MUST be within 14 days, and IN WRITING. Out of staters have to apply through the State Police, and it costs $100. (Double check those last 2 pieces of info.)

4. Mason609

Mason609 Active Member

I had one (expired this year, don't really have the funds for the fee to renew it).

It didn't take long at all for me. I got it in about 12 days.

5. johnfs

johnfs New Member

thanks to all for info sent in app on monday going to hampton for vacation in july .

6. Mason609

Mason609 Active Member

Good luck, and have fun on your vacation.

7. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

Also consider the State Line Gun Shop open house (Mason, NH), on June 1st. Awesome time, free food, manufacturers, door prizes. Tip: if you want to see the actual store that day, get there 5 min before they open and go in, don't dawdle. Check out their site......

8. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Not the best day for hanging in the store by any means (no room to breath) Lol.
    Definitely worth going to though. The guys at SL are great. I picked up a holster last year for like 40% off and got a fee shirt to boot. Tell Chris and Dan and the guys Tony says hi.

9. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

Exactly. But if you are standing there when they open, and you have never been there, and want to look around, you should be ok. AFTER the hordes show up, forget it.

10. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

I didn't think anyone required a permit to carry in NH concealed. No? Did this CHANGE!?

11. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

No change that I'm aware of. You could be thinking of Vermont, they don't require a permit......

12. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

If I'm not mistaken open carry for residents is legal without permit. Permit required for concealed and no possession law(locked up separate from ammo).

13. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

Yeah, that's the way I understand it. Although, usually the only place you'll see OC is on private property, and in gun shops. We are very lenient about guns otherwise. o issues buying whatever you want, (including all class 3, with proper paperwork), ammo no issue, storage no issue. One of the things I am aware of is NO loaded long guns in vehicles, CC permit or not. "Vehicles" applies to ATVs & skimobiles, too.

14. marc29th

marc29th New Member

The no loaded long guns in cars is to stop people from jacking deer from their cars.

15. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

So I've heard.....holy lazy, LOL.

16. johnfs

johnfs New Member

thanks for all the info .
    Well they cashed the check good sign?

17. Pasquanel

Pasquanel Proud to be an American Supporter

Open carry is legal and it took about 2 weeks to get my out of state CC.
    TITLE XII
    PUBLIC SAFETY AND WELFARE
    CHAPTER 159
    PISTOLS AND REVOLVERS
    Section 159:4
    159:4 Carrying Without License. – No person shall carry a loaded pistol or revolver in any vehicle or concealed upon his person, except in his dwelling, house or place of business, without a valid license therefor as hereinafter provided. A loaded pistol or revolver shall include any pistol or revolver with a magazine, cylinder, chamber or clip in which there are loaded cartridges. Whoever violates the provisions of this section shall, for the first such offense, be guilty of a misdemeanor. For the second and for each subsequent violation of the provisions of this section, such person shall be guilty of a class B felony, provided such second or subsequent violation has occurred within 7 years of the previous conviction.
    Source. 1923, 118:4. PL 149:4. RL 179:4. 1951, 151:1. RSA 159:4. 1967, 220:3. 1973, 528:84. 1994, 48:1, eff. Jan. 1, 1995.

Last edited: May 25, 2013
  18. johnfs

johnfs New Member

update 15days from when they cashed the check to haveing permit. thanks for info folks