Out of curiousity.....?

Discussion in 'Other Weapons' started by dango, Nov 20, 2017.

1. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

I don't know what to say even ! Sheeeeez......! Though Samurai Dango no longer exsists , he has found his shadow warrior .....!

MisterMcCool and Dallas53 like this.
  2. dango

image.jpeg
    The philisophical aspects of what martial arts has molded the man I've become is priceless my old friend ! I've learned the true value of life , the patients of granite , the will to do anything possible and to respect all life .

My father bred me to fail , he'd built a rock ....! And you forget , I never bring a knife to a gun fight !

MisterMcCool, Dallas53 and Viking like this.

3. dango

image.jpeg
    Let's make a gentlemen,s wager , an offer , I bet I can out laugh you any day ......:D And never take a knife to a gun fight .

Dallas53, towboater and MisterMcCool like this.
  4. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

Dallas53, dango and towboater like this.
  5. dango

I hear they banned guns in Detroit ........:p Those swords were not very good quality nor exspensive to buy . Fact is they would have never withstood the one blow from a quality blade . They were quickly mass produced with very low quality control . Effective in close quarters but would never withstand much blunt force , these were not the choice of a true swordsman , only the highest ranking would weild a quality blade the others would suffice with much lesser weaponry .

Banned or not , the common flea market would be the place to easily find them .

I had a good friend back then that was a flea market participant, heck , even gave me a cheap kit flint-lock pistol to stamp some fake text and patina , LOL ....:D He was a scam artist . I think I paid fifteen dollars for my first WW II Katana . It was missing the Sata - scabbard , Tsuba - hand guard , Tsuka - handle , the Seppa and Habaki - spacer and blade spacer .

I basically bought just the blade for $15 . Working in a custom machine shop made it easy to fabricate the missing parts . Low quality , bendable , lousy edge holding but it was an official WW II relic . The typical foot soldier carry type and nothing more than a conversation piece and good learning tool but no value .

Dallas53 and MisterMcCool like this.