Our Journey Begins Tomorrow

Discussion in 'Training & Safety' started by partdeux, Aug 12, 2011.

1. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

We're so excited, tomorrow we get to pop the cherry :) We're meeting a long term very good friend at the range!

I'm buying his 22/45 for sure, unless something is really really wrong. He's bringing several other 22's for my wife to shoot, including his wife's fav, the Neos. He's also bringing several other calibers to play with, which begs the question, how many guns does he own? LOL

Trying to get an introductory course set up with a highly recommended instructor for the following weekend, with CCW a few weeks after.

Assuming I am really buying the 22/45, have to get the pistol purchase license submitted ASAP, so I get the paperwork back in time for the introductory course.

Why do I feel this is a long journey of expenses? LOL

Going to be interesting to see how bad I get shown up by SWMBO at the range, she has unbelievable hand to eye coordination.

2. canebrake

canebrake New Member

And so it begins.

It's only as expensive as you let it become.

3. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Congratulations. The expense is no big deal. Once you get used to living in poverty, it's a piece of cake and you'll have a really nice collection.

4. partdeux

and so it begins, now I get it :)

I was surprisingly accurate, even my friend questioned if I'd ever handled a firearm before.

We shot (3) 22's, although he forgot his wife's Neos, (2) 9mm, and my wife passed on the 45, but I couldn't resist :)

One the way home we stopped at one gun shop and later a range. I'm going to go ahead with my friend's 22/45, and something for my wife. The range has a nice collection of rentals, so we might wander up there next week and let her try a few.

I was much less accurate with the red dot equipped target pistol. More accurate at 20' then 12', and not too bad at 50'. 45 was my worst, but I was having trouble understanding the sight relationship and holding it it steady enough.

The range said we learned more today than the introductory course would teach us, going straight into CCW in a couple of weeks. Said the best thing we can do is get some 1:1 instructor time to improve our skills.

5. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Congratulations to you both.

What type of .45 did you shoot?

6. partdeux

Big one :)

IRC 1911

7. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

until there are no more guns being made, my expensives will continue to climb. hehe