Our Club's Website - Feedback Please

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by ScottA, Dec 19, 2010.

1. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

I've taken over our gun club's website. I've rebuilt the site at Google Sites so it can be passed on to someone with even less web experience than me.

Please take a look at this and let me know what you think. Is there anything I should include, change, etc?

Keep in mind, it's purposefully kept simple.

Milan Rifle Club Beta

2. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Looks pretty good and straightforward. You DO want to do some proof reading-

4.When two or more shooters are shooing on the range at the same time, appoint one range office, who is responsible for procedures and etiquette.

There are a few others.

3. ScottA

That's the danger of cutting and pasting from the old site. I'll have to go through it.

4. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Besides the things C3 mentioned looks good. It is frikkin cold up there.:eek:

5. ScottA

It was warm today compared to what the weather has been.

6. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Like c3 said looks good. Straight forward easy to navigate no dead end pages well thought out. I would think of maybe adding a background some a little easier on the eyes over white. Just me on the white background.

Backgrounds are hard to do you don't want one that is too busy like say a repeating american flag and you don't want one that you can't see.

Maybe add a section that shows pictures of the facilities. I wish I lived around that place. I would be on that club like a fat kid on a cupcake.

7. ScottA

Picture area is a good idea. I could get some good photos on the indoor range right now, but it's a terrible time to take photos of any of the outdoor ranges. Tracking down members is a bit of a challenge to get their photos. The club doesn't collect email addresses. That's going to be my next project is get them collecting email info.

8. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

On the opening page... put quotes around members only, i.e. "members only"

That way it will stick out a little more and people will be less likely to skip that part.

9. willfully armed

willfully armed New Member

any plans of future sanctioned IDPA matches?

10. ScottA

Someone may already be working on it, but info may not have gotten to me. Getting info on new developments in the club is kind of sketchy.

Otherwise, it just takes someone picking it up and running with it.

11. willfully armed

willfully armed New Member

Ive got 5-8 guys who would be willing to travel that far for good facilities and a state match.

12. ScottA

Part of the problem at getting current info is the club is very tight with the contact info it does have and doesn't collect email. They are very protective of member information because they do not want to identify anyone who has $1,000's of firearms. No one wants to do anything that might make a member a target.

I'm sure I can come up with some way of getting more timely info and satisfy the security concerns. Just need some time to work on the board with it.

IDPA would be a lot of fun.

13. Yunus

Yunus New Member

The site looks good to me. You provide much more information than any of the clubs in my area. You actually explain the process of joining and don't make people click through 3 or 4 PDF's to find out how. There is a club in my area that says on their site that you must be sponsored by an existing member to join. Then it says you need to attend the monthly meeting, but it fails to tell when/where the meeting is.

14. ScottA

There were quite a few pdf's on the old site. I got rid of those completely. PDF's are good if you have something specific you want folks to print out and take with them, otherwise they're a pain.