Other hobbies?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by BLS33, Aug 17, 2007.

1. BLS33

BLS33 New Member Supporter

So besides guns and shooting what else do you guys and gals do for fun? My other loves are playing guitar, listening to a lot of music, sports and Jeeping. All of my hobbies keep my wallet nice and empty :D

2. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano New Member

I enjoy taking my grandkids geocaching,I myself own a Jeep.I enjoy Sirius satellite radio and NFL football May seem strange to some,I really dig cooking outside on a grill :)

3. cnorman18

cnorman18 New Member

I collect pocketknives (mostly Case), do a little cartooning, and build ships in bottles. At one time I was pretty good at tooling leather--mostly picture carving. I hope to take that up again one day.

4. Pounce

Pounce Member

Geocashing..as in metal detecting?
    I take mine out when the weather is not so darn'd hot!

5. bkt

bkt New Member

No, geocaching is using a GPS to find a container (like an ammo can) others have left for you to find. The normal protocol (around here, anyway) is to leave a message on a pad of paper, take one thing out of the container and put one thing into the container. They're usually little things like army guys or other small items. It's great for kids and gets them on the right road for orienteering. You can read about it more here http://www.geocaching.com/.

I'm into geocaching somewhat. Meteorite collecting is something I've been into since I was a kid. I also collect coins (mostly U.S. but also a lot of ancients -- Greek, Roman, Celtic). Reading about history has become a recent pass-time.

6. 1984cj

1984cj New Member

Geocaching-sometimes but I never really caught the bug for it.
    My Jeep and off roading.
    Medieval and early rennaissance sword fighting
    Beer- I homebrew.

7. Shooter

Shooter Administrator Staff Member

Jeeps, home brewing, fishing, tubing the river, camping, reading books.

8. allmons

allmons New Member

Besides guns?

Well, I try to find Police Interceptors to play with. The rarer, the better. I own a 1995 Camaro Z28 "B" series Police interceptor and a 1996 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor. Fun to drive, but so easy to get one into trouble!

Love music, books and movies. And some of them aren't about guns OR cars!

;)

9. ScottG

ScottG New Member

Whaa??? There's more to life than guns???

I used to mountain bike. I used to hike. I used to go camping. I used to work out. Then I got married....

10. rachilders

rachilders New Member

+1!! :(

I used to hunt and collect guns. I used to own/ride motorcycles. I used to collect coins. I used to work out at the gym. I used to own sports/muscle cars. I used to travel. I used to have hair, weekends to myself and a savings account!

I still collect guns, but now I'm married with children... :rolleyes:

Last edited: Aug 20, 2007
  11. Pounce

Pounce Member

Thanks for the expaination about geocaching.

12. BunnyWabbit

BunnyWabbit New Member

I do some woodcarving and antler carving and have just learned how to make stained glass windows. Plus lots of turkey hunting.:D

[​IMG]

13. mrwatch

mrwatch New Member

my hobbies

We go to tractor and old engine shows and display my model live steam engines. Winter I do wood carving and some painting.

14. pioneer461

pioneer461 New Member

Other hobbies? Are there other hobbies? :eek:

Shooting and swimming. Two skills that can save your life.

I don't know if it can be called a hobby, but we have discovered crusing, and I don't mean Low-Riders. :rolleyes: I mean on big ships. We leave on our 6th this weekend, and might just circumnavigate the globe, one cruise at a time. So far, we've been to the entire west coast of N. America, the British Isles, Norway and Amsterdam.

Bon voyage.​