other forums

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by akers06, Feb 15, 2013.

1. akers06

akers06 New Member

Has anybody ever tried any other gun forums....I downloaded a forum called gun and game on my phone and have posted a little bit on there but they are all so touchy and a bunch of cry babies nothing like my FTF family

2. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

THERE ARE NO OTHER GUN FORUMS !!!

Just sites that pretend to be! :p

3. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I frequent different gun forums associated with firearms that I'm interested in, such as the Marlin forum, Ruger forum, CZ forum, etc.

As far as other gun boards, I spend time on one that's pretty small that's geared to older guys. We've all be on there for a long time. It's very laid back and the guys really know their stuff. I also frequent a few survival/prep forums.

4. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

I was on other forums. Dint stay long. Like you said a bunch of cry babies. You could not joke around without getting reported. In noticed something about dedicated forums. That's just what they are dedicated. If your on say glock forum and you ask about a sig 226. Most of what you are going to here is "glock or nothing", "why do you won't a sig?", just stupid stuff like that. There are very few that know anything outside of what the forum is dedicated to.

5. akers06

akers06 New Member

Yea all I said was I wasn't a fan of Remington 870s or Mossberg 500s and you would've thought it was the end of the world all I could do is shake my head lol

6. NotMormon

NotMormon Member

I saw your thread over there. It happens here too.

7. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Okay, like C3 said, there are no other gun forums. I occasionally get PM's complaining about how this forum is run and how "unfair" this place is. All I could say is check out a few other gun forums. This is a very nice, very friendly, very well run forum full of many members that go out of their way to help one another and to guide and answer questions. I also tell those that come to me complaining, any time you get 45,800 people together in one spot, there will be ones you don't like and can't get along with.

8. clyderay44

clyderay44 New Member

I have been to a few forums and tried a few out. So far NONE have been as helpful as FTF!

9. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

You don't know. It is illegal to have an opinion.

I had the same thing happen to me.

Plus it seams FTF is ware the more knowledgable people are. I have seen questions asked on other sights that are general knowledge here and it was like nobody knew the answer. I felt like a brain sergeant who got a degree in rocket science for something to do over there.

One guy asked what it takes to start reloading. After 2 days and 6 bumps I pointed him in the right direction. I was the only one to post. It's not like that here. With in 10 min depending on what time it is. You will have multiple knowledgable people giving you advice and showing you ware to start.

10. akers06

akers06 New Member

I just told them all off and probably got deleted Lmao

11. akers06

akers06 New Member

Yea I was on that other one and answered like 5 questions that most people on here already knew and if they didn't anybody on here would jump to help them out....we have a good family here

12. akers06

akers06 New Member

I agree there is a few people I have had scuffles with on here but we all got over it and didn't go whining line a bunch of cry babies

13. JonM

JonM Moderator

We only clamp down on you guys when your picking on each other or dragging a subforum too far off its purpose ;)

14. AR10

AR10 New Member

I am a member of a local gun forum. About twenty posts day, which makes it possible to follow everything along.

15. akers06

akers06 New Member

We thank you and that's why I love this place lol

16. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

I used to be a supporting member of another gun forum a few years ago. They where kind of weenie like so I wont mention their name. But they where a handgun forum (dot net :p). THey got to be really anal about people using the "Z" woprd. To the point that they started banning people. The straw for me wa shortly after than banfest a couple guys where bumped to board mod and all of a sudden no one knew a thing about guns but these two. So you had to only love Glocks and Kimber target model 1911's for carry.:rolleyes:

I did post in the S&W forum a little but I simply got board and moved on. The peopel where OK though.

17. igo205mph

igo205mph New Member

I'm still new here but so far everyone has been really cool. I'm sure if I do post any ?'s I will get all the help I need

18. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

In the passed 8 years , I've try-id many gun forums and found being an "out-sider' , was not accepted easily if at all.
    this has become my place , the place where I feel most at home.
    Thank you for letting me be a part of this , my favorite place. :)

19. CGO

CGO New Member

I am a member of GunandGame and read all of the replys akers06 made. I was on G&G just now and if you hate that place so much than why are you logged in there and not here?

Last edited: Feb 16, 2013
  20. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

gun 'n game suck-