Osprey Tactical scope Illuminated Rangefinder Reticle 30mm review

Discussion in 'Optics & Mounts' started by Nathantc, Sep 24, 2011.

1. Nathantc

Nathantc New Member

I own two Osprey scopes, a 6-24X50 and a 10-40X50. I also have the optional sun shades.

So far I have noticed.
    There unusually heavy
    Target style turrets that can be zero'd,
    if u turn the windage or elevation a full turn and then back to where it was there is no change in POI
    Variable zoom does not change POI
    The IR setting go dim enough to be used at night with out blinding you
    BSA, Tasco, Barska, NcStar, and AIM can't even come close to the clarity of these target style scopes at Max zoom
    The side parallax ajustment is very smooth and can be fine tuned at Max zoom as close as 30 yards and out to infinity
    The rings that come with the scope suck and are very tall.
    Flip up lens covers fit a lil lose, I raped the scope with black electrical tape to make fit snug
    At min zoom there great in low light

Bolt rifles keep dime size groups at 100yards with these scopes
    [​IMG]

2. Nathantc

Nathantc New Member

3. Nathantc

Nathantc New Member

4. Nathantc

Nathantc New Member

5. PatC

PatC New Member

Nat awsome pics!! Just wondering did that air conditioner come with a carry handle??? Cool. Thoughs are sweet guns man. Pat C.

6. Lindenwood

Lindenwood New Member

7. Nathantc

Nathantc New Member

lmao, i put that there to give an idea of size, being as AC units come in all differnt sizes.

8. Triumphman

Triumphman Active Member

Looks like ya got a pretty good scope there. Hope it holds up well over time. Don't know anything about the Osprey lineup or their costs, but it looks very much like my Bushnell Banner 4-16x40A/O with I/R, which I like very much and have one mounted on a Savage Axis 22LR, but the Osprey looks much more target/sniper style with it's adjustment turrets. What do those solid lines at bottom of sight picture do, if scope already has holdover marks?
    Del

9. Nathantc

Nathantc New Member

your supose to be able to use them as a range finder some how, though i cant find any info out there any where on how to do so.

10. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

Good looking rifles,I hope the scopes will hold up for you.

I learned many years ago,you get what you pay for with optics.

11. Nathantc

Nathantc New Member

True, but I first heard about them when a buddy of mine brought his very light Stevens m200 in .308 over and sense has put 1k rounds threw it with that scope. It still holds zero and nothing has came lose. If u ever shot a 5 or 6lb .308 its enough to break most cheap scopes.

The no fault life time warrantee is is also nice.
    They also claim to be .50BMG rated.

Here is a quote directly from there website

Green and Red Illuminated Rangefinding Glass-Etched Reticle, 1000 yard range with

lock-down finger-adjustable windage and elevation turrets. 1/8 m.o.a. sighting clicks

and side parallax adjustment. Japanese “Hoya” lenses ** Fully, multi-coated glass lenses throughout

30mm tube, rings and lens caps included. Spin centered for balance to provide sighting head start

and repeatibility. In additon, this unit has been quality controlled for shock resistance ( 50 BMG

parameters), waterproofing, and fog proofing. Anti-reflective paint used and light stops added to

reduce internal reflections and to provide high-contrast image. Generous eye relief depending on

model and magnification. FULL NO FAULT LIFETIME WARRANTY

12. CourtJester

CourtJester Well-Known Member

Damn. I'll have to go shopping.
    Nice post.

13. Nathantc

Nathantc New Member

added scope levels to both of them
    first the savage, then the ASA AR15
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

15. JimK

JimK New Member

Just out of curiosity, how did you adjust/calibrate the scope level relative to the rifle receiver and scope?

Jim K

16. Nathantc

Nathantc New Member

Well I set the level on the scope by using a 4' level at 25 yards, and got the cross hairs level, locked down in a vice I set the level to be level, and rechecked.

Then I put the rifle in a vice and got the rail on the receiver level with a small level, and mounted my scope to the rifle while the rifle was still locked in the vice, and just make the level on the scope read level.

Doing it this way is nice, there is no change in windage at all when I have to hold over.

Both my AR15 and my Savage 93R17FV have been done like this.:cool:

17. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

nathantc, very nice savage. for the price and the warranty, seems like they might be a scope for me to check out. tell me a little more about your savage, i'm interested in details as i have one and really like the looks of yours.

18. Nathantc

Nathantc New Member

Savage 93R17FV $260
    Boyds tactical stock $120
    EGW Savage 93 Picatinny Rail Scope Mount $40
    Armalite EX0022 30mm One Piece Scope Mount $80
    30MM Scope Level $25 used from a guy on FAL Files
    Osprey Tactical 6-24x50mm Riflescope Illuminated Rangefinder Reticle 30mm $150
    UTG Bipod $30
    Choate Cheek Piece "Tall" $20

total $725
    :D