Orphaned AR

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by med1pilot, Apr 2, 2011.

1. med1pilot

med1pilot New Member

I just bought a Sabre Defense XR15 piston carbine (lightly used), and did not get an operators manual. Does anyone know where I can lay hands on one?:confused:

2. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

Call or send them an e-mail. Most manufacturers are willing to send you a replacement manual. You may can find something on their website.

3. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Like you say it's orphaned now so unlikely to find a factory printed manual. I'd google for "Sabre Defence manual", in fact I tried it and saw a hit for a PDF but didn't actually go to the website.

If no luck, just get a manual for another brand, shouldn't be much difference.

4. med1pilot

med1pilot New Member

Orphaned Rifle

Thanks. I tried to get a manual directly from the manufacturer the day I bought it. That was how I discovered Sabre Defense had gone into bankruptcy and their e-mail addresses were dead. I did find the PDF for a Sabre XR15 online, but unfortunately it was for the older gas impingement system and mine is one of their new piston models. I can handle the old operating system (29 years Army :D ) but am unfamiliar how to go about the care and feeding of the piston systems. That particular piece seems to vary from manufacturer to manufacturer to a certain degree.

5. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

What Sabre did was far from bankruptcy. They probably wish that ws all that happened, lol. They were raided.

6. stag1

stag1 New Member

Pretty much any AR-15 manual will work and most big manufactures have the manual available for download as a pdf.

7. Quentin

Quentin New Member

med1pilot, sorry I forgot your Sabre was a piston version so the right manual is important. I'd start googling/researching which piston system they went with as there's a good chance a small company like them licensed someone else's design. And reading about the various piston designs should help you maintain your AR. Each does some things differently but the overall idea is the same so hopefully you'll have no trouble figuring it out.

Also I've heard there are buyers interested in Sabre Defence since they do have/had military contracts. One deal recently fell through but if someone picks them up no doubt there would be some kind of customer support for existing guns.

8. diggsbakes

diggsbakes New Member

Just keep poking around and you'll find something that'll help you. Especially if its been issued to LE, there's gonna be some literature on it. Hopefully you got a great deal on it (buying a rifle in the blind like that) and it'll pay off.

I've bought guns with out knowing exactly how to treat them initially and learned later. It's not like yours is the only one ever produced. Good Luck! :)

9. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

Is the Sabre piston system proprietary?

10. russ

russ New Member

You could always try arfcom (AR15.com). If you can stand it, I'm sure someone there could help you out.

11. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Pilot,

What do you need to know about the Sabre Piston System? Maybe I can help?

MJ! The Sabre Piston System is not proprietary. It is a slightly modified Adams Arms System.

Sabre as mentioned is no longer in business. It was recently purchased by Manroy Corporation out of Alabama. They are a military contractor also and I have no idea if they are going to keep the commercial line of AR Rifles in the future. Sabre did get raided last year due to the fact they had a couple of employees stealing weapons from a weapon storage area they had access to as well as buying receivers and manufacturing rifles. The other and final issue was that they were in violation of State Department Rules about shipping weapons out of the country without proper documentation. Obviously has to do with the government procedures and tax money! The news as usual blew everything out of proportion. The parts were being sent from the plant in Nashville TN. to their Headquarters Plant in England. To hear the news media They were going to terrorist countries. Not true! What do we expect from most of the liberal Obama press! Anyway If I can help please let me know regarding the gas piston system. I also have a Sabre 6.5 Grendel Gas Impingement as well as a 5.56 Sabre Gas Piston System.

12. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

Thats a big Plus.

13. med1pilot

med1pilot New Member

Well folks, it looks like there may be a future for Sabre Defense weapons afterall.:) I sent a message to Manroy Defense Systems (the purchaser of Sabre Defense assets) over the weekend and here is the reply I received this morning:
    We ( Manroy Defense Systems) are currently conducting an inventory of all components, literature, brochures, and manuals that are available as a result of the sale. As soon we are able to locate an Operations Manual for the Sabre Defense M4 Tactical Piston Carbine we will send it to you. In the meantime, if you have any questions on the operation of the M4 please contact me via e-mail. We are currently in the process of installing a new phone system so e-mail is the only means of communication at the moment.

Sincerely,

Paul Slovick
    Manror Defense Systems

Also have included a picture of my project. It's about 9-10 months old and less than 100 rounds through it. I paid less than retail for the bare rifle, and the EOtech sights, EOtech 3x magnifier, vertical grip and upgraded compensator were included. I figure I saved $1000-$1200 over building the same kit from scratch.

Attached Files:

14. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Excellent news! It would be nice to see Sabre rise from the ashes...

15. russ

russ New Member

Well done sir! You scored for sure, the EOTech plus the magnifier is an easy grand right there. Nice looking setup.

16. MeDrew

MeDrew New Member

Im in the same boat (correctly slanted in WI tone) cant find anything on the web. I dont even know how to dial the knob correctly; suppresed or 2 click different for various grains weights. Any help is appreciated. Proud Stout Grad.. ;]

17. MeDrew

MeDrew New Member

If you guys have the time... How are you cleaning and lubing the piston.
    Second who made the handguards and the sights.. I got neither for 950.00.
    THX