Orosco Ridge? Ramona, CA

Discussion in 'Range Report' started by Andlyn, Apr 7, 2011.

1. Andlyn

Andlyn New Member

Any california members been to this spot? I hear it's great, I hear it's dirty, I hear people get shot out there... good, mediocre and really bad reviews... It's 45 minutes from my house so I figured it's worth a travel but i'd like to get info on the area first and if i should wear my Grandfathers WWII helmet and kevlar when I go...:eek:

2. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I've never heard of it since I hang my hat in Northern California. But if you are hearing that people get shot out there, whether accidentally or intentionally, go somewhere else.

3. Andlyn

Andlyn New Member

I contacted them, it is closed "indefinitley".
    I need to learn the BLM laws for shooting so i know where i can go and shoot. It's nice to get away from the crowd.

4. orangello

orangello New Member

It is; i haven't been to an actual "range" in years. I really appreciate my sister's property for target practice. Rural MS can be good for some things.

5. fireguy

fireguy New Member

Same here. I have a friend who is clearing out a pasture that is overgrown with trees that we use for our range. No critters to worry about and a couple of miles between our bullets and any habitation. And it's only 2 miles from my house.