Orly?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by dog2000tj, May 19, 2011.

1. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

Just another confirmation for me that the Catholic Church has zero credibility! :mad: It sickens me as a spiritual person to see behavior like this in the name of God :(

Roman Catholic sex abuse: Report faults society for predator priests - latimes.com

2. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

The Catholic Church's central core has the business workings of a fortune Top 50 Company, the Ethics of MS-13 and the financial resources, based on several hundred years of killing, robbing and "converting for tithing", of one of the richest organizations in history.

The mere fact that these countless tales of abuse ever see the light of day still amazes me, not that the Priesthood is a Sanctuary for pedophiles.:mad:

If I had to do business with the Catholic Church or The Mob, I would choose The Mob every day of the week because at least they don't make any excuses or try to hide who they truly are.:rolleyes:

JD (still in Houston)

3. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I apologize up front to any practicing Catholics here on the forum...........

But don't get me going on the Catholic Church.

JD, you got it right. I agree 100%. And let me say I went to a Catholic School from Kindergarten through 8th grade.

4. hogrider

hogrider New Member

In a word, Bull****!

5. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

Just like when they got it wrong hiding these priest, then getting it wrong again by taking shelter behind their walls, they are getting it wrong all over again with this report :mad:

Personal responsibility and consequences for ones actions ... these ideas are not that complicated to understand :(

Like I said - ZERO credibility!!!

6. buckhuntr

buckhuntr Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

And this is part of the reason I'm now Agnostic. :confused::mad:

7. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Indeed. :cool:

Celibacy was "held in high esteem" from the Catholic Church's beginnings for all ordained Priests. It is considered a kind of "spiritual marriage" with Christ...

Well, we all have seen just how that sexless, "spiritual marriage" has been working out for them. :rolleyes:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8Kyi0WNg40&feature=related]YouTube - ‪Dramatic Look‬‏[/ame]

8. Walley

Walley New Member

I also was educated, I use the word educated loosely, in a Catholic grammar school and at a very early age got a clear picture of the hypocrisy of not only what was promulgated in those confines but also in organized Christian religions in general. As over the years I have been connected professionally with several religious organizations I have found that the same behaviors that the Catholic Church has done its best to hide is just as prevalent in those that I have been associated with. Pedophilia and aberrant sexual practices are not the sole purview of the Catholic clergy but our media, under the pressure and guidance of the Christian Far Right, chooses to sensationalize what has come to light about the practices and coverups of the Catholic Church and say nothing about what happens in other faith biased organizations or programs dealing with children. As an agnostic I in no way agree with or attempt to justify the actions of the Catholic Church, its clergy and leaders but wholeheartedly wish that the corruption in other religious groups would receive the same media scrutiny and biased reporting that the transgressions of this singular entity does.

9. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

How about in the Politics, Religion and debate forum, this is the Clubhouse. Just Saying.

10. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Really...I thought the 60's and 70's were about freedom and love...not pedophilia and child molestation. If the priests wanted to get their Austin Powers on all they had to do was leave the church, not prey on young boys.

11. General_lee

General_lee New Member

I am a Christian, but I'm not down with organized religion. I read the bible, I pray, I try to live my life the way God wants, what do I need church for?

12. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

No ****? :confused: My bad, didn't realize I put it in the wrong place :eek: If a Mod would be so kind to move it? :)

13. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

The 10......

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21geIuzTaU0&feature=related]YouTube - ‪Satan's Alley Trailer‬‏[/ame]

14. bgeddes

bgeddes New Member

My thoughts exactly. IMHO, if the 'celibates' lost control and were partaking in activities with other consenting ADULTS, it would have been a big deal to some members of the Catholic Church, but not so much to others. That would have made it the church's issue to deal with internally, and not a crime. Once the behaviors became criminal and the church did not disclose the individuals in question and deal with them responsibly, they become partially liable criminally.

While this thread seems focused primarily on the Catholics, let us not forget the other 'churches' that condone and in some cases promote abhorrent behaviors.