Orlando Fl area ranges

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by sparky80, Jan 14, 2012.

1. sparky80

sparky80 New Member

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this post. I am looking for a good range that rents guns in this area when I am there on vacation. Thanks in advance.

2. phburks

phburks New Member

East Orange Shooting Sports is where I go a lot. Its an indoor range. No membership requirements to shoot or rent. They rent handguns and rifles. Fees are very reasonable. The only thing is if you rent, they require you bring someone to shoot with you. If you want to shoot alone then you have to bring your own gun.

Here's their site http://www.eastorangess.com/

Last edited: Jan 14, 2012

3. Cole1200

Cole1200 New Member

+1 for East Orange Shooting Sports. There are a couple others in the area (Shoot Straight, Shooters Den), but EOSS has friendlier, more knowledgeable staff and better pricing. (range rates, rentals and gun store purchases.)

4. phburks

phburks New Member

Yes I really like the staff there. And on the note of pricing, they also had the best price I could find in the area for a concealed permit class.

5. sparky80

sparky80 New Member

Thanks for the replies. Do all the ranges there require two people to rent? I would be going alone so that won't work. But I would like to rent and try some guns out on vacation, before I buy again. Where I am, there are no indoor ranges or places to rent. An indoor range would rock, its been freezing here.

6. gollygee

gollygee New Member

Strictly a guess, but there's been so many cases of people renting a gun & commiting suicide, may be why they require 2 people.

7. phburks

phburks New Member

I'm pretty sure this is the case. It literally takes only 10 minutes once you're in the door til your on the range shooting even if you're renting.

Not sure if all ranges have this rule though. I know at shoot straight you have to be a member in order to rent.

8. sparky80

sparky80 New Member

Well we are here in Orlando. I guess ranges are out but can someone recommend a good well stocked shop? Looking for AR parts and to maybe look at some handguns. Thanks

9. phburks

phburks New Member

My favorite places are East Orange Shooting Sports (they have a gun shop too), Gander Mountain, and Shoot Straight (the Apooka location).

**EDIT** Of those three, East Orange has the smallest collection wow but the friendliest workers. Shoot straight and gander mountain both have larger collections to shop from. Again if you go to shoot straight the Apopka location has much more to choose from

Last edited: Jan 22, 2012
  10. sparky80

sparky80 New Member

Thanks for the response. How is the pricing at these stores? I'm going to try to check out at least a couple of them while we're here.

11. phburks

phburks New Member

They are all pretty similar in pricing. I bought my XD subcompact at East Orange for $499 new and that was just a little less than the others in the area. Gander Mountain will price match if you find a cheaper price in the area than what they offer, and they have a decent selection of accessories. If you go there check out their range. I've never used it but they have a pretty cool looking simulation area where they put you in SD scenarios and you shoot with a CO2 powered simulation gun. It looks fun and I wanna try it out. Just haven't gotten around to it yet.