Firearms Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two pinned barreled J frame S&W snubs 36 & 49. The 36 has the diamond grips the 49 is the standard , it looks like the grips are perfectly fitted to the frames , if I switched the grips you could see there slightly off . I would think the revolver frames are exact but switching the frames around there not . Looks like the older revolvers were given alot of attention , even to fit the grips to the frame. Installing oversized grips you wouldn't notice it , I wonder if the newer S&W are given the same attention?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dawg
Guess the old timers were real craftsman and took pride in their work. You can see it with some gun owners , some take good care of their firearms and some just abuse them.
Chris
PS: Thanks for answering my post , hope all is well. Be Safe.

·
Premium Member
2,146 Posts
Some of the current manufacturers have "performance " shops or something similar. So they can charge you for the hand work that used to be done.
Sort of makes sense. I feel like a much larger percentage of buyers are less discerning than in years past.
Makers can sell revolvers at lower shelf prices. If someone wants the action to be stoned and tuned they pay extra for it.
My2c

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cliff
Some of the firearms seem to be just slapped together and hope the work without quality control , the older S&W and other manufacturers back then took pride in their work . I would hope we get back to when made in America meant something. I love my old Smith's , will never part with them.
Chris

1 - 5 of 5 Posts