Oregon - Massive Gun Ban Introduced

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by Bigcountry02, Feb 23, 2013.

1. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

Attention Oregonians.

Massive Gun Ban Introduced

http://www.leg.state.or.us/13reg/measpdf/hb3200.dir/hb3200.intro.pdf

http://www.oregonfirearms.org/massive-gun-ban-introduced

Two days after Senate Democrats claimed they would not seek a ban on modern firearms and feeding devices, Democrats in the Oregon House introduced just that.

Seven Senators joined with eight House Reps to introduce a sweeping ban on virtually all modern firearms. Among the Senators is, of course, Ginny Burdick, who claimed on Wednesday “that she is backing off an attempt to push through a bill on gun clips that she drafted following the December shootings at the Clackamas Mall.” The other sponsors are:

Representatives BAILEY, BUCKLEY, DEMBROW, FREDERICK, READ, REARDON, TOMEI, Senators , DINGFELDER, HASS, MONNES- ANDERSON, MONROE, SHIELDS, STEINER- HAYWARD.

Remember them.

HB 3200 not only bans most modern guns and magazines, it allows warrantless searches of your home, requires background checks and registration for a firearm you already own and as-of-yet undefined storage requirements. We say “a firearm” because even if you comply with the restrictions in this bill you may still only own one.

(Of course the bill does not apply to “government employees”.)

The bill combines the most extreme and irrational elements of other bills that have been introduced across the country. For example, one of the firearms banned under this bill would be a pistol with a “folding, telescoping or thumbhole stock.” No, that is not a misprint.

The principle sponsor of the bill is House Rep Mitch Greenlick, who in the past has concentrated on such worthy endeavors as banning children in bike trailers and making possession of cigarettes a crime.

The bill bans such deadly features as “pistol grips” and “barrel shrouds” because clearly they add to the lethality of any firearm. These people are so full of hatred for gun owners they don’t even understand what they are banning.

Never have we seen legislation that was a product of so much ignorance and blind hatred. And don’t take any comfort from the claims that bills of this kind are not going to get a hearing. You will recall that last session they said the same thing about a ban on licensed carry in schools. They claimed it was dead and then revived it in the closing days of the session without even allowing public testimony. It was only your relentless efforts that killed it. And now we need you again. Please use our automailer to send a message to the legislature to do all they can to stop HB 3200 and any bill like it. You can use the message provided or write your own.

2. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

The Democrats are drunk with their power. They have worked since the end of the Civil War to disarm the American public. They ignore the fact that 49% of American voters were opposed to them.:eek:

3. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Well that means 51% support them or are ignorantly indifferent...and that's all the left needs to win, ignorance and indifference. I have thought about a similar situation that would clarify our position for gun owners and came up with this: suppose your town council or state decided that Pit Bulls posed a risk to children due to their reputation, misplaced or not, for viciousness and a propensity to attack and kill other pets and children. The legislature passed a ban on the sale, breeding and possession of all Pit Bulls with no grandfathering. Would you be willing to turn in your pet to be put down? My hunch is that their reaction would be slightly different than "but who needs a Pit Bull anyway..."

Last edited: Feb 23, 2013
  4. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

That's okay/ November 2014 will be here before you know it1:p

5. Daoust_Nat

Daoust_Nat Well-Known Member Supporter

November 2012 didn't do much good for us. If the Republicans that did not vote had voted for Romney, we would not be having these conversations!

I sure as hell hope California bans using these guns in movies. They would scare me!

6. NC1760

NC1760 New Member

HEY OREGON ANTI-GUN POLITICOS:
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iD52IxplEoM[/ame]

If this isn't a trump card to you're proposals... I wish someone like this would have been (even allowed) at Sandy Hook... and the law-abiding gun owners at the Aurora shooting are probably still beating themselves up about obeying their laws.

7. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

Oregon is one of the states likely to pass draconian gun control this year.

8. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Yeah, this really sucks. One of the main reasons I moved to Oregon from California was to escape tyrannical gun laws. We just have to keep on fighting. There's no rest for the weary when it comes to defending freedom.

9. rubin51

rubin51 New Member

One of the reasons this crap continues to be forced on us is that the a$$hats that force this stuff on us aren't held accountable for their poor decisions.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2013
  10. CA357

11. onenut58

onenut58 New Member

What most people dont realize is Oregon and washington both are states that are split.The west coast of both states are basicly northern provinces of california.They have been for years.You head east into central and eastern oregon and washington the culture people and politics are way way different.
    I live just a couple miles form the washington border and close to spokane washington and the surrounding small towns and it is sad to see the people here in washington having to deal with the california laws they do not want being pushed on them from the coast.
    Here in Idaho there is a snow balls chance in hell of any gun control garbage being pushed here.
    I feel maybe some of these western states taking up gun control like Colorado has done may have a positive side in the long run. Once forced to live a while under this commie atmosphere it may inspire enough people to get off there rear ends and make a stand to repeal these laws.
    It happened in canada.
    I like every one hope all this gun control will have the same effect it had on the Clintons when they passed the old assualt weapons ban.
    Both oregon and washington are sparsely populated once you leave the coastal areas and it will take a huge effort for the people of oregon to ralley against the anti gun nuts.
    I would also not be suprised to see washington state pushing a anti second amendment bill very soon.

12. gearhead396

gearhead396 New Member

COME ON DOWN TO TEXAS BRING YOUR GUNS steady well paying jobs buy the dozens gun laws that will not be infringed upon EVER thanks to our state government no state income tax. Also it's a huge place we have all kinds of terrain climates and hunting as well as lower cost of living by far as opposed to the northern states. I LOVE TEXAS

13. CA357

We just escaped CA last Fall and now this stuff is going on here. It's the same damn setup as Kalifornia. The leftlibs inhabit the population centers and have a lock on the entitlement class.

I wanted to move to Idaho, but this is where my wife was happiest. Texas could become a consideration some years down the road.

14. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

Texas is begging people to move to their state from California. I remember when Oregon and Washington then Conservative states did that. How did that work out?:eek:

15. gearhead396

gearhead396 New Member

Won't be the same here I guarantee you. Like I said our states government actually cares about the rights of its people unlike the libtards every where else. I know that not every where else but this thing with Oregon even though I'm far from all of that hype has me real hot under the collar some times I think if Texas was its own country again we'd be better off. Oh well

Last edited: Mar 6, 2013
  16. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

Humm? No open carry? No Constitutional carry? Mandatory training to get a CCW? Maybe you should look at pushing for a Free state status like Alaska, Arizona, Vermont and Wyoming.
    I see Utah has renewed their battle for their Constitutional right to carry. Free States is the only answer to gun rights. Nothing less is acceptable.;)

17. AR10

AR10 New Member

The big knock against Texas is that out of control Mexican border, and the headless bodies up and down the that border.

I only speak English, a second language at 56 would be uncomfortable for me, and I am partial to my head just where it is.

18. TruggieTex

TruggieTex New Member

The border, in all states along the line, is certainly an issue. Luckily you can be in Texas and still over 500 miles from that international border!
    Texas may not be for everyone, but then again neither is hot sauce, BBQ, or Stetsons...

19. gearhead396

gearhead396 New Member

Ok ok you do have some points but at least I don't have to worry about losing the rights I do have. And free states is a better answer. However I do think there should be some type of training or at least an instructor to make sure you are fresh on things. It's only every 5 years. it makes me feel better that not any Jack *** can't just go down to the sheriffs office and walk out with a permit cause they said they could shoot.

20. gearhead396

gearhead396 New Member

The media hypes all that stuff up and makes it sound alot worse those shows on discovery and nat geo blow that stuff up so big for tv. Grant it that stuff is happening it is confined to the border towns and doesn't really get past that. Towns like el paso and Laredo and Brownsville are some of the worst hit and even still you can go there and see no violence.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2013