Ordering My 1911

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by Kamarathin, Jul 19, 2012.

1. Kamarathin

Kamarathin New Member

Hello all,

On the 28th I will be placing an order for my 1911. It's been quite the haul getting here, but a nice tax return has made it possible for me to finally get it.

I'll be ordering a Springfield Range Officer from my local store and I'm damn excited about it. :D

I'll post pics once I get it in my grubby hands.

2. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Kool - gud choice too :cool:

Forgot to ask- Whats this "tax return" you spoke of :confused:

3. Kamarathin

Kamarathin New Member

We filed our taxes very late. Thanks to a confusing array of closing one company and opening another and detangling everything. :)

4. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Sumday i hope to receive the elusive "tax return" :D

5. Olympus

Olympus New Member

Technically, you really DON'T want a tax return. If you get one back, you have essentially given the government an interest-free loan. When the government starts giving me an interest-free loan every year, I will repay the favor and give them one right back. I try to adjust my withholdings so that I get less than $100 back at the end of the year. I don't trust the government as far as I can throw it.

6. Zombiegirl

Zombiegirl New Member

I have ours pretty well dialed in and we get around $200 back.

7. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

I just paid them off on a screw up from 2007 :mad:

8. Kamarathin

Kamarathin New Member

Got it!

Today I walked out of the local gunshop with my range officer. Crappy pic with my phone but I couldn't be happier. Likely have to wait for a couple of weeks before I can get the time to hit the range.

Attached Files:

9. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Congrats on your new 1911, im so glad that i dont live in town. I just walk out my door and shoot on my 40 acres :)

10. CHLChris

CHLChris New Member

With a Range Officer in your hand, you now have the right to yell, "Commence Firing!!!" whenever you get to the line.

I'd like to hear what you think of the sights, which have no little white dots.

11. Kamarathin

Kamarathin New Member

That would be a dream. I long to go shoot on someone's property again, where I can take my time, shoot the S**t and some targets.
    :D

12. Kamarathin

Kamarathin New Member

Heh, actually, I'll be replacing those as soon as I can.

I also plan to replace the grips with some nice ones that have my old Army unit crest on them.

13. Kamarathin

Kamarathin New Member

So here I am firing my new Range Officer for the first time. She was a dream to shoot and I was hitting consistently lower left of center throughout the day.

I ran about 200 rounds through her without a hitch.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/652mawaxuzdwvm6/jg3RW3x23H

14. 1911ripley

1911ripley New Member

I would paint the front sight with whiteout and move ur grip meaning put ur support hand higher up

15. Kamarathin

Kamarathin New Member

Wrap it around the front of the grip rather than cupping the bottom?

I tried painting the wife's sights and that looked awful and didn't really help much. Looking to meprolight sights eventually.

16. 1911ripley

1911ripley New Member

Yup wrap it as high as u can get it I put my support hand high to the point tht my thum is riding the slide it like push with ur trigger hand and pulling back with ur support hand with thums inline

And I understand I would change the sights to I put fiber optic on my ro but whn I got it I put alittle whiteout on front sight it help just apply alittle but brush it same way to grooves r on sight