Ordered my new rifle yesterday

Discussion in 'Competition Shooting' started by Dzscubie, Nov 21, 2010.

1. Dzscubie

Dzscubie New Member

Well guys I am really stoked!!

Glass gave me the ok to order my rifle for Cowboy Action Shooting and I immediately went to my FFL before she changed her mind and ordered a Chaparral Arms 24” octagonal barrel, case hardened receiver 1873 lever action in 357. It should be here in a week or two and I must keep reminding myself to be patient. My shotgun should be back from the gunsmith in the next few weeks and all I have to do is be patient for Glass to finish my rig and I’ll be ready to go full bore to some serious matches. As I said…. I am really stoked!!.

Scubie

2. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Congrats!!!!!

I know the feeling of waiting to receive the prize you have ordered. Sounds like a beauty. I will pull up their website and take a look at the rifle. "just to drool!!!"
    Good Luck on your cow boy competition. Looks like it would be a blast but I already have too many hunting and shooting vices!!!!!

3. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Nice...Christmas comes early to the Scubie household. So be honest now, what did that rifle really cost you? What will Glass be posting about in HER thread? :D

4. doctherock

doctherock New Member

Scubie, what are you having smithed on your shotty?

5. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Yeah. What he said...

Congrats on the rifle. :cool:

6. Dzscubie

Dzscubie New Member

I sent my 1887 lever action shotgun to a gunsmith who specializes in CAS work and am having a action job with Damascus polishing and a special CAS plug that limits the gun to two shots but can be removed if you want to use the magazine later. He is also modifying the ejector to eject the last round after shooting. The standard 1887 will not eject the last fired round because it utilizes the next round to kick the fired round out. When I get her back she will be a “number 1, high speed, low drag, screaming” speed demon competition gun.

Scubie

7. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

8. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Congrats Scubie! YIPPY-KI-YAY!! :D

9. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Are you two looking to adopt?:)

10. Dzscubie

Dzscubie New Member

Whooot!!! Just heard from my FFL and he said my rifle should be here on Wednesday. :D :D :D

11. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

12. Dzscubie

Dzscubie New Member

Attached Files:

13. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

That's a nice looking piece Scubie. I have an original in .44-40 that is almost the same thing, but in not as great condition. I look forward to hearing your comments when it comes in. :p

14. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

B-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l-!

Let's see that 1887 when it comes home, too.

15. doctherock

doctherock New Member

Sounds good.

16. Dzscubie

Dzscubie New Member

Santa came early yesterday and I could not be happier!!! The fit and finish are better than I expected for a lower end rifle, $619 NIB, and the action is as smooth as butter. I love the action on the 1873 and the way the brass elevator lifts the next round straight up horizontally and feeds straight into the chamber this prevents jambs or “rough” feeding problems like you encounter with the Model 92’s. The case hardening finish is really nice and sets off the brass pieces and wood nicely. It is a little heavy at 8+ pounds but I’m expecting very good accuracy with the 24” octagonal barrel. I am hoping to get to the range today or tomorrow so I’ll post up a range report as soon as I can.

Here are some pictures of our new addition.

Scubie

Attached Files:

17. Dzscubie

Dzscubie New Member

Here are the rest of my pictures.

Attached Files:

18. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Dz
    b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-llllllllll !!!!!