Firearms Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I finally ordered my 91/30 Mosin and have to wait 3-7 for shipping and then another 10 days waiting period. I understand the shipping but dangit, why is Kommiefornia so stupid?! I am about so happy I could fall over and not sleep until I get the phone call that it is in the store. My first centerfire rifle and as a birthday present.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Put some pics on as soon as you get it! and congratulations :)

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How important is it to get it headspaced?

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It was delivered to my FFL and I was able to finally check it out. And dang I gotta wait 12 days before I can pick it up. Sorry for the bad phone pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Also is there a way to get all the cosmoline out of the oil can that came with it.

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Garadex said:
Also is there a way to get all the cosmoline out of the oil can that came with it.
Fill it with mineral spirits let it soak. Blast rest out with brake cleaner or carb cleaner.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you.

·
Premium Member
12,120 Posts
How important is it to get it headspaced?
It is only important if you care about your face, your fingers or your life. Otherwise, just shoot it.

You can order the gauge for a few bucks or pay a smith a few bucks, it only takes a minute. It is like wearing a seat belt. You could drive ten thousand times and not need it, but the one time you do, it was all worth it.

·
Registered
672 Posts
I have heard that some guys just blast a hose in to clear out the majority of the mess... then blast some CLP to help prevent rusting... then compressed air to make sure the CLP gets spread around... I left the Cosmo in mine... no need when most lubes come in their own handy container...

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Werminator said:
I left the Cosmo in mine... no need when most lubes come in their own handy container...
I know but I would prefer it to be functional in case of SHTF.

·
Registered
136 Posts
You can buy a head space gauge off of Amazon for $26.00. Good investment if you have Mosinitis, which most of us do.

Update***
My head space gauge just arrive today. Very simple and worth the piece of mind.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Don't have it yet due to budget restrictions but within the next year and a half I will. I never thought of checking amazon, thanks.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts