Ordered a Glock 20C pics added

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by robocop10mm, Mar 27, 2012.

1. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I bit the bullet and ordered a Gen 3 20C. GT Distributors had some decent used Gen 2's, but I want onw with the light rail. Up to 8 weeks for delivery :(

2. Blade

Blade New Member

Nice. I myself am contemplating getting a G20 this weekend. Have you should the G20 yet?

3. robocop10mm

No. Currently carry a S&W 1006 so the 10mm is not too much for me. My paws are plenty big for the grip. I will pick up significant capacity over the 9+1 I currently have. 15 +1 or 17 + 1 with extended base pads is a significant upload.

4. Blade

Blade New Member

Nice. Now that I do not have to spend $$ on 50 AE rounds, I can justify getting a G20 and spend the cash on 10mm rounds. (until I get into reloading) :)

5. macon17

macon17 New Member

Yeah check in to reloading becouse not alot of people make hot rounds for the 10mm but with handloads you can make it a monster

6. robocop10mm

I already load for 10mm, and about 25 other calibers. I will have to get a new barrel to shoot my 175 gr hard cast truncated cones

7. Blade

Blade New Member

Was it fairly easy to pick up? (skill of reloading) From what I have seen it does not look that hard to learn. What's your take on a newbie picking up reloading?

8. macon17

macon17 New Member

Theres no skill to reloading its all in taking your time and checking and rechecking get some reloading books they tell you everything you need to know. And its pretty fun

9. cakesterkiller

cakesterkiller New Member

it's really easy and so much cheaper than factory ammo the hard part is all the equipment ya need to do it right

10. macon17

macon17 New Member

If you have a good friend that interested in reloading do it together like me and my dad we share our stuff and just set it all up at his house when i wanna reload i head over there its alot cheaper

11. Blade

Blade New Member

Hey Robocop 10mm, I did not mean to hijack your thread. I am however really wanting to learn the reloading process. Any other advice on going about starting it?

12. cakesterkiller

cakesterkiller New Member

rcbs makes a kit for about 300 bucks it has what you need to get started (press, scale, powder measure, case trimmer) except the dies, components and a book of knowledge.... there are a few tools out there that will make it easier and quicker like a media tumbler and electronic case trimmer but ya can get those later as ya go..... or drop the cash and get a progressive press it would be the quickest easiest way but the good ones cost some bucks

Last edited: Mar 31, 2012
  13. Tulyhunter

Tulyhunter New Member

For my fellow 10mm fans if you aren't familiar with Double Taps ammo. they make some smoken' hot accurate stuff. Not cheap but if you don't have the time to reload worth the extra nickel.

14. Blade

Blade New Member

Thanks for the info. I am going to start looking these items up. I am itching to get started ASAP, lol. I am familiar with the basic idea of reloading, I just have to start looking it all over. Looks like another hobby is about to start for me!

15. dustinoif3

dustinoif3 New Member

You can get into a dillon square deal b for 375. Comes with the dies of your choice. It will do 3-400 rounds an hour. Only down fall is that it's for pistol ammo only and the dies are different from other loaders but all I load is pistol so it's fine for me. My ar gets steel plinkers and the remi 700 likes black hills so it's all good.

16. orangello

orangello New Member

Robo's taking the tupperware plunge! I am in for the pics. I also want to know how you think the glock handles the hot loads compared to the mighty 1006. Even if the nugget makes it sound silly, i think that 20c would be a great sidearm/backup for hog hunting.

17. macon17

macon17 New Member

The 10mm is a great sidearm for any game...ted nugent had a story where he was box hunting elefents and finished it off the it

18. macon17

macon17 New Member

Elephant and bow sorry spell check

19. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Nice move! 15/17 + 1 of 10mm will do the trick every time! The most flexible round out there, especially since you reload. You can make puddytat loads all the way up to bear stoppers, kinda like a 41 or 44 Magnum.

20. Blade

Blade New Member

I was thinking of getting a G20 this week, but think I'm going to start investing in reloading equipment first. Then I can make some 10mm rounds to feed my next gun.