Options for small guy

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by mikemc, Mar 15, 2013.

1. mikemc

mikemc New Member

I'm sure this has been asked before but I'm looking for options (holster, clothing, location) for carrying that work well for a small guy. We're looking at 5'5" and a buck thirty five here - not a big fella, for sure.

Anything that works for you out there, or anyone you know - even what works for women - but I ain't wearin no bra holster;)

Thanks gang.

2. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Mike, the best thing to do is try as many combinations as possible.
    Just like you have different shoes for different occasions, so should you have different SD setups.

3. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Well, This is where i offer up for concideration the Ruger SR9C-
    My wife is 5'1" & 110lbs & loves hers-
    BTW, I bet you'd look cute in a bra holster :p :p

4. freetobefree

freetobefree New Member

Lmao if a man wears a bra isn't it a bro... so you could say you should try the bro-ster... start a fad mike

5. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

With a basic old faithfull holster kit and any of the sub compact single stack can be hide , cm9, nano, shield, pf-9, bd9. Even the smallest double stacks from KT and sccy and the airweight revolvers can hide well with a smaller grips. My son-in-law wears a KT P-11 in a old faithfull and he's taller at 5-9 but skinny at 140lb. He said he could not wear a wider holsters and used a small leather hoster. I bought him a Old Faithfull kit and hes pleases as heck now. He is a t-shirt wear'n ele/ plumber and tucks in his shirts. If recoil is an issue a bersa 380 CC will do . My 100lb youngest girl cc's one of those. nice little pistol.

6. bigbomar4

bigbomar4 New Member

I am 5' 11" and just got back up to 125lbs I was down to 105lbs bc of some health issues. I currently carry either a CZ P-07 in a cross breed super tuck or a Sig P938 in a Tommy Theis holster ( they are a hybrid holster like the cross breed but I think they are made better). I have even carried a full size CZ 85 in the Theis holster with no problems. Even when I only wieghed 105 none of these guns were hard to conseal. With a good holster and a good gun belt you can conseal a cannon on your hip. As for the belt I recomend the Liger belt from Edgy Gear. Its stiffer than most heavy leather gun belts but still looks like a normal belt.

7. 1911love

1911love New Member

Check out the Springfield XDs and a quality IWB holster from Milt Sparks.

8. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

Front pocket with Remora or DeSantis.

9. gfroniewski

gfroniewski New Member

I am 5'5" 140 lbs. I have a Remora for my P250 Subcompact and an Old Faithful kit for my P250 Compact. Works well for me!