Optics for my 223/5.56

Discussion in 'Optics & Mounts' started by glockmania, Sep 4, 2012.

1. glockmania

glockmania New Member

Looking for an optic. Don't have to much to spend. Looking for more of a cqb scope saw a few. From nikkon n barska. Plus some more but don't want nothing to bulky. But wanna beable to get some range. Any comments would be well appreciated. Thx

Here's two I've been looking at
    http://m.opticsplanet.com/nikon-p-223-3x32-bdc-carbine-rifle-scope.html

http://www.shopbarska.com/Sniper_Scopes-3-9x42_IR_2nd_Generation_Sniper_Scope_by_Barska.html

Here's one more I like cause I could use laser on my glock for ****s n giggles or for night for home defense w light n laser. N the scope is small but don't know the quality. Any help ???

http://www.shopbarska.com/Tactical_Combos-4x30_IR_Sight_w_Green_Laser_210_Lumen_Flashlight.html

2. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Not sure of your budget but I just happened to get this in today.

3. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Godamn phone...pissing me off...

Attached Files:

4. glockmania

glockmania New Member

Alil out of my price range. Do know anything about barska

5. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

No. I'm sure someone here will. I'm very limited when it comes to optics.

6. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

id go for the p223. nikon makes great scopes. very clear and accurate. lifetime warranty

7. glockmania

glockmania New Member

Yeah. I've been hearing great thing about the nikkon. But I got a ? for u bout the magnification It's fixed? So one constant range

8. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Nikon P223 for sure , stay the hell away from that barska setup , Those things are luck of the draw with about 75% junk hitting the shelves .Now that doesnt go for all the barska stuff but most of it :D

Last edited: Sep 4, 2012
  9. glockmania

glockmania New Member

That's what I need to hear. Thanks. It did look more like a toy with the whole sale gimmick But liked the size of the sight. Thanks guys

10. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

If your interested in a cheap priced great quality red dot take a look at the vortex strike fire you can get it thru palmetto state armory for $119 with the coupon code . Lifetime warranty also

Last edited: Sep 5, 2012
  11. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

Dont cheap out on your optics, thats tge best info anyone can give you. Go with a aimpoint pro right now there are specials cause all companies are going to switch to green reticles soon. you can get one for around $350 if you plug in promo codes. Or if your wanting a more open optic go with eotech. Theres a special right now on primary arms where you get a free magnifier with purchase of an eotech. You can get it for aeound the same. I own both and love them. Eotechs are great for shotguns and aimpoint are great for rifles but both will get the job done

12. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

correct. the one you linked is set at 3x. nikon also makes a larger one that is 3x9x40. either one should be good.

im using a nikon prostaff 3x9x40 on my wifes AR. it looks and works great. i love it.

13. glockmania

glockmania New Member

Thanks everyone. I checked out all my options and I always wanted the eotech didn't want to spend that much but wtf only live once so thanks sig for the info on primary arms. I found same eotechs for cheaper but still need a mag and it all equals out.

Think about going with the xps2-0 but do you know anything bout the xps3 with nv. Do you need an additional optic to co-adhere with that or is it all built in and don't need anything else to have the nv

14. glockmania

glockmania New Member

The only thing is there's no free shipping. So might wait till tomorrow to see if I can get that waived. If not might go to sportoptics for eotech

15. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

It doesnt have night vision built in it. Its nv calable...meaning you can where nv goggles and look thru it witbout being blinded. So if your not planning on droping $1500 on nv goggles its really a waiste of money. The xps are very good i got the xps zs for my saiga and is perfect for my needs of my shotgun. I highly recommend the aimpoint pro. Like i said u can get them for $350 and tgey can be dropped and thrown and wont break or lose zero

16. PrimePorkchop

PrimePorkchop New Member

I would caution you in the same way I was cautioned. Barska is a Chinese company. Nothing good ever came out of China.

17. PrimePorkchop

PrimePorkchop New Member

You won't regret the EOtech, I can vouch for that. I got an EXPS2-0 with a 3x LER zoom...I can't imagine now ever going with anything else

Zoomed v.s. Unzoomed in first 2 pictures, third picture is a basic view w/o a zoom...sorry for the ****ty quality, im going to try adn get nicer pictures in the daylight...where people can't see my messy living room... :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

18. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

I love mine as well

19. VincentVega

VincentVega New Member

I just ordered the Bushnell Elite 3200 10x40 w/ mil-mil from Midway on sale $199 &free shipping. It will be going on a new Savage MKII TRR-SR 22LR.
    I also run a Vortex PST Viper 6-24x50 FFP 1/4 MOA & Illuminated reticle on a Savage FCP-SR ( .308 ) I must say that Vortex is incredible for the money ($950)
    The Bushnell Elite 3200 was from Midway on sale $199 w/free shipping.

20. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

Also check out sigsauers micro reddot looks just like aimppint t1 micro dot and runs around $200. Hell sig makes good guns pretty surr theyre optics are just ad good