Optic suggestions for Romanium AK 47

Discussion in 'Optics & Mounts' started by littlec2, Nov 8, 2011.

1. littlec2

littlec2 New Member

Does anyone have any recommendations or suggestion as to optics for AK 47?

2. sagenodland

sagenodland New Member

It depends on what you want to use it for if you want a medium to short range gun get a 2-7 scope or a fixed low power scope if you want a close range gun use a red dot and here are some suggestions on brands

Magnified scopes
    On a budget
    Centerpoint makes a great rimfire scope and the can stand up to alot of recoil up to a 416 rigby
    And barska makes a fixed power scope that looks like an acog and functions the same but with a bakery
    If your not on a budget look at Leupolds tactical scopes and also look at acog
    Red dot sights if your on a budget look at centerpoint red dots or if you spend more you can get a vortex red dot with a magnifier for 200$ which I think would be the best all around for a ak
    If your not on a budget then look at eotechs with or without a magnifier and also look at aimpoint scopes and with that happy shopping

3. slscar

slscar New Member

http://kalinkaoptics.com/

I just hung one of these 6x24 optics on the side rail of my Romanian AK. I haven't shot it yet, but it looks the part, is purpose built & pretty cheap. Of course, that's only if u have a side rail on ur AK.

4. littlec2

littlec2 New Member

Thanks for the advice. I believe I will focus my attention on the Red dot with Magnifer option. My problem is that there are simply too many options out there and it is hard to be sure you are making the right choice. I am also going to have to try to find the mounting system that will work with an AK. Any sugestions as to who has the bracket I need that will work with the side mount on the receiver.
    Again thanks for your suggestions I will check at Bass Pro and see what they look like.

5. littlec2

littlec2 New Member

I do have a bracket on the receiver, but am not sure where to come up to the side rail. Do you have any idea where I can find that piece? Just bought mine also and honestly do not know if it will really shoot. Plan to find out this weekend.

6. pipeman525

pipeman525 New Member

Bracket

Take a look at this one

AK Receiver Cover Tri-Rail Mt

This site also has a lot of scopes in all price ranges and quality with pretty good pricing

7. sagenodland

sagenodland New Member

IMO I wouldn't go with the receiver cover alot of those can be shaky and don't stay zeroed

Go with the Russian style side mount

8. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Go to Amazon and plug in AK scope mount. Now wasnt that easy?

9. orangello

orangello New Member

Romanium? Is that the glow-in-the-dark mineral on night sights?
    ;)

http://www.cheaperthandirt.net/2PM092A-1.html
    http://www.cheaperthandirt.net/AKS006-1.html

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/99...picatinny-style-double-rail-mount-ak-47-matte
    from review

maybe one of those would fit

Last edited: Nov 9, 2011
  10. Muliemaster

Muliemaster New Member

Hello all I have been readin alot on optics an a brand called center point has had alot of questions an alot of good reviews so today I went an got one just to do a real world review on they r cheap wally world scopes so I assume junk right off the bat but I may be wrong I picked up the 4x16x40 it says recoil tested to a 416 well I went to africa in 09 I have 145 rounds left of 458 win mag lets see how it really holds up

11. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Well-Known Member

Just take 1 458WM round,and shoot the Center Point.Then you won't waste all that good ammo on a junk scope.:rolleyes:

12. littlec2

littlec2 New Member

13. pipeman525

pipeman525 New Member

I only suggested the rear cover option because I did it with my Yugo SKS. It was a generic SKS rear cover that required a little filing to get the angles right and it fits tighter than the original.

14. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

Side rail w/ a decent red dot. Kalinka optics has the mount. BTW, you can still use the iron sights.
    [​IMG]