Opinions Please...

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by Ryno702, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Ryno702

Ryno702 New Member

I know this could lead to arguments but I am gonna be buying something new in the next 60 days. Prob around $750 bux to spend and don't care if its a bolt gun, AR, Calibers etc... Just trying to see what people have and like or dislike. I have a couple bolt guns and hand guns. Ive been liking Mini 14's so far.

2. big_blue79

big_blue79 New Member

?'s are whatcha gonna do with the gun and do you want new or old? I like the older 700's and milsurp guns, you could buy an entry level 1911 for around what your gonna spend, there's also Hi-Point, $160 + what ever your FFL dealer charges for transfer and you can have a new Polymer pistol with a lifetime no questions asked warranty. Leaves alot of room to buy something else.

I like the .40 cal Hi-point my dad has, the only problem's with it are the plastic grips slide in your hands when they are sweaty and the clip may need a little adjusting of the tabs holding the cartridges in as dad's wouldn't feed correctly until I bent the tabs a little.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2012

3. TimKS

TimKS Active Member Lifetime Supporter

My next $700 will go to find a Ruger SR1911. ;)

4. Ryno702

Ryno702 New Member

I do like the Ruger Sr1911's. I'm looking more into a rifle this go round.

I keep finding myself liking diff arms all the time and cant decide. I guess I'm using this as a buy this or don't buy this thread. Lol. Ive been looking at the...

T/C Dimension Rifle
    Ruger Mini 14
    Building an AK, or AR.
    Model 700
    Etc...

5. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

Theres darn few bad guns out there. Buy what you want not what we want.

Put a piece of old innertube around your pops highpoint and it now has grip to stop it from sliding. Send a few more dollars and theres a bunch of companies that make it easy to hang on to a firearm like. Hogue handall, pachmayr slipons, limbsavers and a couple more.

6. TheOldMan

TheOldMan New Member

Good luck with that ... :) They're still scarce in my neck of the woods even at my local high volume dealer.

7. Ryno702

Ryno702 New Member

I will buy what I end up wanting. Just asking who has what and likes it or not...

8. Ledbetter84

Ledbetter84 New Member

I'm stashing away money for a Winchester model 70 in 30-06. I think the guys at the lgs would wish I would just hurry up and buy the thing. Smoothest trigger I've ever felt.

9. theropinfool

theropinfool New Member

My $700 wish list.

New Winchester model 70 30-06

Remington 1911 match

Remington 870 Wingmaster Gold.

10. 7mmstw

7mmstw New Member

Get a CMP Garand

11. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

AR-15 for my taste.:)

12. Southpaw-15

Southpaw-15 New Member

Stag arms AR. Lifetime warranty too.

13. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

You really can't go wrong with an AR. For the $700 range PSA is your best bet.