Opinions, please........S&W 22A

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by winds-of-change, Sep 12, 2011.

1. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I have inspired my co-worker to want a gun. He is looking at a S&W 22A. It's on sale at a local sporting goods store for $259. I Googled it and the reviews looked good. I told my co-worker I'd throw out it to the forum as you guys know everything. Do any of you own this gun? What can you guys tell me about it?

2. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I have a 22A that I bought at a Pawn shop for $125 several years ago. It is very accurate. I have never had a single problem with it.

3. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I'll let him know. Thank you.

4. jetgirl

jetgirl New Member

I've had one for about 6 or 7 years and it gets shot frequently by me and the fam.
    I've loaned it to an NRA instructor for classes, too.

Also, S&W stands by their stuff...they have awesome customer service.
    One time some pieces went missing (no fault of the gun) and S&W not only replaced them within 3 or 4 days...they paid the shipping and the parts were free. They even threw in extras in case it happened again. :)

5. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

6. Firearms4ever

Firearms4ever New Member

The Smith and Wesson 22A was the first handgun and .22 handgun at that I had ever fired, and it's responsable for my handgun addiction :eek:. It's one of the best .22 semi automatic handguns in my opinion. The grip isn't as comfortable as a Beretta Neos, but it's amazing in every other regard.