Opinions on the XD 45?

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by Tidalforce79, Oct 18, 2010.

1. Tidalforce79

Tidalforce79 New Member

Looking at the Springfield 45, guns looks pretty nice, I love the caliber and the 13 round clip option. Price is pretty reasonable too.......any opinions?

2. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

My first pistol was an XD45 and I still have it. I personally think the XD is the best polymer platform available right now. They are reliatble as a rock, accurate and easy to shoot. The trigger does need a little work but it is shootable out of the box.
    Have you shot one? See if you can find a range that rents one and give it a try. If the gun fits your hand I say go for it, you won't be disappointed.

3. General_lee

General_lee New Member

Great gun.
    I'm not the biggest fan of plastic pistols, but I would like to have one.
    IMO they blow Glock out of the water with their extra safety features like the grip safety, and optional thumb safety.
    They also seem to have a better way of holding the slide to the frame. There are two milled steel blocks with rails machined in them that the slide rides on.
    As opposed to the four small stamped sheet metal frame rails that are used on Glocks, S&W Sigmas and a few others.

4. FreedomFighter69

FreedomFighter69 New Member

I like the XD better than the Glock. If you want a "real" 45 ACP though, go with a Springfield, Sig, Para-Ordanace, or Colt 1911. The Springfield and Sig will be you best quality of that bunch. They can be had with 5 inch, 4.25, 3.50 inch barrels, from 7 to 9 shots + 1 in the chamber, are sturdy, reliable, and the quickest draw, fire, and shoot of any gun ! Me personally, I like the Commander sizeed ones 4.25 barrel, although I do have an affinity for the Goverment model size as well. There are even some "Long Ballers" 45's with 7.5 inch barrels too that are used for target. This is just my personal preference as I prefer metal over polymer.

5. General_lee

General_lee New Member

I'll have to second that.
    I own 2 Springfield 1911s, they are fine guns.
    I do prefer metal over polymer/plastic/tupperware, but i do want an XD.... I guess i'm a Springer fanboy:p

6. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

My HIV had progressed into full blown AIDS. I bought an XD, and I'm cured.

You won't be sorry.

BTW, I contracted the HIV from a Glock.:eek:

7. spittinfire

Isn't that when you got your man card back?

8. suprdave

suprdave New Member

He still has to cut those nails to get his card back!

9. spittinfire

and get that glock tat taken off his arse. Has he told you what he used for the O??:eek::eek::eek:

10. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

I almost crapped on that one. Then my Glock would have exploded....:eek:

11. suprdave

suprdave New Member

So, it looks like this? GL*CK?

12. spittinfire

I thought they would only explode if you shoot them.....learn something new every day.

13. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

That is so wrong!!!

However in Spitty's case, it would look like this.....gl0ck.

14. spittinfire

Glocks do have the ghey.

15. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

Luv ya, bro!

16. spittinfire

I bet you do, you glock lover!:p

17. DragonLW

DragonLW New Member

If its anything like my XD-40, you'll love it. Very reliable, will happily eat up anything you feed it, and very well-balanced.

As for the XD vs. Glock debate... it really is a matter of personal preference. Both are made to withstand extreme conditions like mud, ice, water, being run over a few times by a Hummer, etc...

They both are well-made. They are both reliable. They both go BOOM when you pull the bangswitch.

Really...what else is there? :D

18. orangello

orangello New Member

Well, my XD45 tacticool (geezer barrel) is also quite fetching in its OD greenness. :D Seriously though, great trouble-free firearm in a very reassuring caliber; i've been VERY happy with mine.

19. silentghost

silentghost New Member

Was going to buy one when I originally was looking for my second handgun, however I heard that almost everybody was buying them. I didn't want something that everybody else had. The ones that I shot at the range and were filthy dirty always ran reliable, and shot really well. You wouldn't be unhappy with one.

20. mcramer

mcramer New Member

the XD.45 was the first handgun i got to shoot freely, and i loved it. it sold me on the XD series of pistols, that and it superiority to the glock with its supported chamber. I bought a XD9, i know its a pea shooter compared to the.45, but ammo is cheaper than .45 so i get to shoot it more often. My next gun is undoubtedly gonna be a .45