Opinions on Fobus

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by 12fretter, May 17, 2013.

1. 12fretter

12fretter New Member

I'm looking for a pretty inexpensive holster for every day carry. Not because I'm cheap, but rather poor, but I still need something decent. I'm looking at a Fobus SG239 which on some sites specifically lists my gun (Bersa Mini 45 Firestorm Pro) as one that will fit. It's $29 delivered. Is it worth it? Thanks for any opinions.

2. ncampbell

ncampbell New Member

I would say go for it. Ive owned plenty of different holsters and have never had an issue with Fobus.

3. kalboy26

kalboy26 New Member

I know a guy that just got an old faithful holster for 40 or so. It required some assembley on his part, but seemed pretty good afterwards. I've been thinking about trying one if those after seeing his. Worth looking into though, they are cheap compared to a lot of others.

4. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

For kydex I prefer Bladetech. In leather Don Hume makes some affordable holsters of good quality. Crossbreed are very comfortable but can be expensive and have a bit of turnaround time.

5. SigArmored

SigArmored New Member

I second Don Hume I have a great owb rig for my 226.Extremely well built for a decent price.

6. mdauben

mdauben New Member

I've got a Fobus paddle holster for my Glock 21. It doesn't hold the gun as tightly against my body as other holsters I have so it would not be my first choice for CCW but its probably okay for open carry.

7. 12fretter

12fretter New Member

Well, for $23 delivered I am going to try out the Fobus. But I like the idea of a custom made one, tailored to my body and gun. We have a local guy that does that and came recommended by my daughters CCW class instructor. But for now, the Fobus.

8. bbertram

bbertram New Member

I like the Fobus for cool weather carry ( in Michigan, that's a lot of the time ), under a jacket. It doesn't hurt that the same model SG21 that I bought for my Sig's also works with a Shield and a Nano. I find these paddle holsters quite comfortable, but not as concealable as IWB holsters. Easy to get on and off, though. :)
    Brent

9. nowaide

nowaide New Member

I own the fobus for the mini firestorm 45 pro like it for under my jackets works great.

10. 12fretter

12fretter New Member

I just got the Fobus the other day and have been using it for two days. I generally wear a slightly oversized t-shirt and it is concealed just fine. Rides nice and high and is tucked against my side rather nicely.

And the paddle holster design allows you to wear it without a belt. I am trying to start a habit of walking at lunch with my wife and was putting on my sweat shorts with a tie waste. The Fobus worked well with that type waistband as well.

For $23 delivered, I think it was worth it, and now I want to keep the gun as my primary carry.

11. steve666

steve666 New Member

I'm not a fan of plastic holsters, just don't like anything about them. That having been said, it was years before I got a cell phone or a plastic pistol so maybe in a decade or so I'll get one.

12. 12fretter

12fretter New Member

I understand what you're saying, Steve, but on a bulky gun that you really want to carry, adding any material that is as thick as leather or nylon is the difference between concealable and not concealable. Plastic is the only material thin enough to be strong enough to conceal such a gun, imo.