Opinions on a Beretta 21A Bobcat

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by General_lee, Oct 23, 2010.

1. General_lee

General_lee New Member

Theres a nice little .22lr Beretta Bobcat here at my work.
    It's slightly used, like new condition for $285.00.
    With employee discount, I can get it for around $215.00 plus tax.
    I know .22 is not a self defense round. I'm just looking for a small .22 plinker pistol.
    It seems to be very well made, and I like the DA/SA trigger, 1911 style thumb safety, and exposed hammer.
    Have any of you owned one? Are they decent shooters as far as reliability is concerned?

I know some of you will suggest a Ruger MkIII, or Browning Buckmark as a .22 pistol. I plan on buying the Ruger anyway regardless of whether I get the Beretta or not.

2. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

They work just fine, but accuracy is not great. Many also get hammer bite from them.

I've had a few and liked them.

3. dgray64

dgray64 New Member

There is a good review of the Bobcat in the US Concealed Carry website by George Hill.

U.S. Concealed Carry

It's pretty extensive and he liked the Bobcat. He gave lots of pluses for the .22LF over the .25 acp.

Dave

4. General_lee

General_lee New Member

Can't view the whole article as I am not a member:(

5. rfdallas

rfdallas New Member

i have one for about 14 years now. never had a problem with it and it shoots any .22 ammo. you can load it one at a time when you have crap ammo and still use it up. its not accurate at all. great to just shoot ammo up. i love mine.

6. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

They are too small to be a good plinker, too weak to be a viable self defense gun, and too small to hunt with. They are cute though. :D

7. General_lee

General_lee New Member

I have no gun prejudice, I love 'em all:D

8. BillDeShivs

BillDeShivs Member

My experience has been that the small Berettas are extremely accurate (most shooters aren't!,) but that they can often misfire on the D/A pull. The D/A hammer throw is not as far as it is in single action.

9. dgray64

dgray64 New Member

10. General_lee

General_lee New Member

Thanks for the link, dgray64!