opinions needed

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by WarrenPTstud, Dec 11, 2013.

1. WarrenPTstud

WarrenPTstud New Member

Im in the process of saving up some money for an ar. Im having problems deciding between buying one out right or slowly building one. It will be my first ar and the itch for one is growing. I don't want to wait to build one over time but do not want to buy something I can not possibly upgrade. Seems like any ar can be upgraded but as stated above I am new to all this

2. Sgt_Skrb_25

Sgt_Skrb_25 New Member

I suggest building, you learn as you go. I built my first AR, and glad I did it. Now I'm on number 19. Just do some reading, check the AR stickies page on here and ask as you go. There are a lot of great people on this site that know what they are doing

3. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

If you build you can buy a little at a time, no need to save up the whole amount first and you learn a lot in the process.

4. okdonk

okdonk New Member

Online retailers have been doing special sales since weeks before black friday untill now to xmas. So you can easily get good deals on certain parts.

5. chloeshooter

chloeshooter New Member

never seen THIS thread before!

in all seriousness, go to the AR15 forum; look at the 'sticky' posts (primers) and then also you will see dozens of posts exactly like this one