Opinions.... Galaxy Note 3

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by G30USMC, Jun 24, 2014.

1. G30USMC

G30USMC New Member Supporter

I have a iPhone 5, I am thinking of getting a Galaxy Note 3, when I am due for an upgrade.

Anyone have the Note 3, likes and dislikes?

2. rifleman1

rifleman1 New Member

I don't like the android operating system, the guys here at work and our secretary have some android phones including the note and they complain about freezing and other problems and my wifes last two phones have been android phones and neither on lasted more than a year. Just my opinion and experience though.

3. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

When I shut down my business , I threw that phone away ! I hated that thing . Getting older with loss of close-up vision and club fingers , don't want any phone
    But , I do have a cheep-O track phone just in case . :)

4. therewolf

therewolf New Member

I have the Galaxy Note 2.

The GN3 seems to have many of the same features

and drawbacks.

The pluses:

The stylus makes texting 3 times faster,for me. Also
    makes navigation of the apps easier.

The screen is large, and very clear and bright,
    as long as you don't have to use it outside in the daylight.

If you get the add-on screen-cover, it will likely
    survive many hard drops.(mine has)

The Minuses:

The volume button on one side of the phone, and
    the off-switch on the other side right where you
    grip it when you answer the phone.
    HEY,
    SAMSUNG! you guys want to stop playing Nintendo
    for a few seconds? EVER HEARD OF PRODUCT
    TESTING? Blindly copying IPOD design "features"
    is NOT the same as PRODUCT TESTING, trust me.

The phone, for me, has been a great tablet, but IMHO, is
    difficult to utilize, as an actual phone. It is basically
    a great, if somewhat slow, mini-laptop, but somewhat annoying
    to take and make calls upon.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2014
  5. Max-Q

Max-Q New Member

I had every version of the iPhone. Then I bought an iPhone 5 and I hated it. I was so tired of the same iPhone from 2007. I returned my phone to AT&T and bought a Note 2. I fell in love immediately.

My wife and three other friends who all had iPhone 5 dumped their phones for the Note 2 and S4 after seeing my phone. Last fall I used my son's upgrade to get a Note 3. It has been the best phone I've ever used. The camera is excellent, the battery life is outstanding and the screen quality is phenomenal. I don't have any issues with it seizing up. The thing works and works well. I converted two more friends from the iPhone to the Note 3 after they used mine.

6. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

Sorry I disagree, but like I'm a Ruger Fanboy , I'm an Apple Fanboy Geek! You should have kept your 4S like I am until the 6 comes out...the 5S has too many issues. I would get a 5C if sprint is still giving them away when we re-up in a few weeks,...let's see how many Macs have I owned now( since 1986).....At least 10, and I'm on my 3rd iPhone and my 4th iPod,...

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talkh

7. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

I've had the Note 3 since February. It's the best phone I've had to date. I love the large screen. I like mocking my friends with with tiny iPhones, "so what does your phone want to be when it grows up." The pen adds a lot of flexibility to the phone. It's great for taking quick notes. Battery life is very good.

I've had it for 5 months and still haven't fully explored everything it can do.

8. rifleman1

rifleman1 New Member

That's funny that's the same thing a buddy tells me,the response is when your operating system grows up it wants to be iOS.
    As a business person I do a lot of purchasing and banking on my phone and there is not enough security apps in the world to make me use any form of android.
    The viruses and bad apps are rampant for the android system and if you own any phone with that system it is highly recommended you get a virus protection for that phone.
    That is why for me I will never use a android phone.

9. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

Cool piece, but I couldn't justify the additional $180 (over & above the S4 at the time) for my needs, tempting as it was.
    Worth Noting, the Rumor mill has september 25th as the release date for the Galaxy Note 4 (again, rumor, but worth keeping an eye on.) If you're a value shopper and the Note 3 will do it for you, then wait for the inevitable plummeting price the week the Note 4 hits the street. Conversely, if you must have the latest & greatest, then buying a Note 3 a couple months before it's replaced will very likely annoy you.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2014
  10. Argyle_Armoring

Argyle_Armoring New Member

Ahhh, I love the Haterade. If iPhone users would stop drinking the Kool-Aid for a minute and see how much more versatile Android is this world would be a better place without violence and frozen yogurt and gingerbread and honeycombs and ice cream sandwiches and jelly beans and kit kats.

11. rifleman1

rifleman1 New Member

Hahaha haterade.....that's funny.

12. Max-Q

Max-Q New Member

Good news on the Note 4 release date. Looks like I'll be getting a new phone soon. I loved my Note 2 and the Note 3 is the best phone I've ever used. Can't wait to see what's in store for the Note 4.

I'll never go back to an iPhone and the ios7 is a terrible looking operating system.

13. rifleman1

rifleman1 New Member

You android fans should stop drinking the haterade or is it kool aid,or is it oh never mind.

14. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

Just like if android users would grow up and look at how many Security "holes" there are in their vaunted OS,..they can stop sniffing the iPhone's Vapor trail and stop their whining about how they hate everything Apple,...:cool:I had a droid for 10 mites once. I made sprint take it back and give me my iPhone 3G back...I waited for the 4S, which I have had almost 2 years now with no Issues whatsoever...if you want a bigger screen on a phone,..get a tablet with a Cell modem in it!!!

15. G30USMC

Maybe I'll just wait for the Note 4 :D

16. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I don't know much about which cell phone is which but there's a young lady I work with who has a cell phone not much smaller than my 7" tablet. I would not want a phone that big.

17. G30USMC

That is probably the note .... 5.7 inch screen ;)

Love the bigger screen

18. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

Wow, this is like the good ol, PC vs. Mac poop flinging.
    You like Apple and their overpriced, boutique business model? More power to you. By all means, swoop on in and crap on the thread with how bad Android phones are and how only Apple and iO$ can save us.
    Is Android the greatest? Probably not, but life goes on. It's gotten noticeably better with recent releases.
    All I can say is Apple's OS must be friggin brilliant for all those people to continue to stare at those tiny screens.
    As for "get a tablet with a cell modem in it." Really? Is that what the Geniuses at the Apple Store recommend? I suspect that doesn't convert a lot of people. I'm not convinced an iPad mini makes a proper cell phone. To be fair, neither would my Nexus 7.
    When one reaches the age when you have reading glasses all over the house and work, screen size matters. Why the heck should I suffer through crappy little screens, or... sorry, lovely little screens at those prices?
    Good news! iPhone 6 is supposed to come with a 4.7" screen. Kudos, they've caught up with the Galaxy S3 in screen size. Wait, never mind, please, tell me more about the pixel density on those Retina displays. :rolleyes: Can anyone explain to me why Apple can't see their way clear to bring out a 5" (+/-) display?
    Then of course there's the "they want how much to upgrade from 16 to 32gb?" issue. Seriously, is Apple memory made of that Unobtainium stuff from the Avatar movie? Only true Apple acolytes will tolerate that sort of pricing scheme.
    On the positive side, Apple uses kick butt processors... in their high end phones. Pity the poor folks stuck with the more affordable models.

Now, if the OP had actually asked about Apple products...

19. rifleman1

rifleman1 New Member

The op asked opinions on a droid product and that's what he got that and facts about there operating system ,that's what's opinions are based on facts and experience.
    Again the android operating system lacks heavily in security and you could not pay me to use it,like I stated in my reply I useibe for business and rely on the security the iOS system offers.
    If u need heart rate monitors and fancy cameras by all means pick a phone based on that, again my opinion.based on my experience and the facts.

20. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Yeah, but you need a backpack to carry it around in. :p