Firearms Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a remmy 870 with a 28" barrel. I want to get a 18 1/2" barrel (fixed improved cylinder) and a 2 round extension magazine. $165 all together. Is it worth it? If you have this set up lets see some pics.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I have a remmy 870 with a 28" barrel. I want to get a 18 1/2" barrel (fixed improved cylinder) and a 2 round extension magazine. $165 all together. Is it worth it? If you have this set up lets see some pics.
If that is your cup of tea then that's not a bad price of it was me I would just use a cylinder or skeet choke tube and buy.the extension....Is ten less inches really worth 100+ dollars

·
Premium Member
22,674 Posts
Almost all military and police shotguns use barrels of 18 inches or less, and straight cylinder bore.

When you think about it, there must be a darn good reason for that!:)

Is it worth it? You're darn tootin it is!:)

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Almost all military and police shotguns use barrels of 18 inches or less, and straight cylinder bore.

When you think about it, there must be a darn good reason for that!:)

Is it worth it? You're darn tootin it is!:)
It might worth it to them but for it to sit in your house waiting on the one time (if ever) somebody breaks on your house I think not

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
akers06 said:
It might worth it to them but for it to sit in your house waiting on the one time (if ever) somebody breaks on your house I think not
My NEF pump barrel is a 1/16 th of an inch short of 18, measured with barrel installed. Its my dedicated hd shotgun but sometimes i use it as a truck gun and i even took it rabbit hunting and deer hunting. Its killed rabbits with #4 shot at short distances and deer with slugs at up to 50 or 60 yards or so. It spreads a pretty wide pattern with shot because theres no choke but its not totally useless and very fun to shoot.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I agree with Akers06. For true home defense, not worth it. If you want to play cowboys and zombies, it probably is worth it. I believe $100 an inch for more inches would definitely be worth it in some situations. :D
dragunovsks, unless that gun is registered and licensed as a Class 3 weapon I believe I would lose it post haste. Federal felony, and with the current mood I don't see them cutting breaks.

·
Premium Member
14,832 Posts
dragunovsks said:
My NEF pump barrel is a 1/16 th of an inch short of 18, measured with barrel installed. Its my dedicated hd shotgun but sometimes i use it as a truck gun and i even took it rabbit hunting and deer hunting. Its killed rabbits with #4 shot at short distances
Overkill...

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts