opinion thread on bigfoot

Discussion in 'Hunting Forum' started by powg, Aug 27, 2012.

1. powg

powg New Member

I have asked this ? along time ago and it went stagnant .Would you shoot a bigfoot ,sasquatch ,scunk ape ,yeti what ever your flavor is .Remember this is to be really thought about ...(ie) can You be sure it's not a idiot dressed up , needs to be a well ,placed center of mass ,head shot ,not a spray and pray....are you confident enough ...it must be a kill shot ....do you have enough gun ...are you prepared for all the ramifications ,good ,bad ,fame ,or detractors ?:cool:

2. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

It is illegal in many states.

3. cottontop

cottontop Guest

You can't be serious.
    cottontop

4. ineverFTF

ineverFTF New Member

Oh dear. Powg i dont know what you're smokin but i want some :D

5. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Putting aside legalities, licenses, bag limits, enough gun, in range, idiot prankster in a Chewbacca costume- why would I? :confused:

Is it in the chicken coop eating all my chickens? I do not have a recipe for Roast Sasquatch w/ mushrooms, and I do not need a Bigfoot throw rug for the man cave.

Because I COULD does not mean I SHOULD. Even when I am deer hunting, the Cardinals, Mocking Birds, Robins and Blue Jays are quite safe around me.

6. cswann1

cswann1 New Member

A big foot murdered my family and kicked my dog. So yes...anyone or anything that vaguely resembles a sasquatch, including men that wear a hair sweater to public water parks, had best steer clear of me. I have a deal with a local game processor: I give referrals to others who need quick disposal of corpses and he gives me a 7% discount.

7. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

This is going to get funny!

Honest answer is I highly doubt I would take that shot.

Personally, I find Big Foot about as plausible as Barak Obama using an Abacus but if I did stumble across one I imagine I'd be too awe struck to consider killing it. Unless of course, it kicked my dog!

Tack

8. cj84

cj84 New Member

I'd have to shoot it, I wouldn't want to be another idiot on tv claiming to have seen one.

9. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

First, what am I doing in the woods in the first place? My Hugo Boss is going to get covered in rain and ick! :eek:

Enough gun? Enough gun to drop an undetermined, untested animal/manimal of which I have no reason to be hunting in the first place? :eek:

My Gawd man, what if he is the advance scout?? I go interloping up on his dead carcass like Rambo without a jockstrap, celebrating like a monkey at his first fire, only to find myself on the bad side of 150-300 of the damn things all wondering what I would look like on the "Ether Bunny and Anal Probe Table". :eek::eek:

No sir. No thank you BEARY much!!

Last edited: Aug 27, 2012
  10. shooter88

shooter88 New Member

I would shootem its legal in tx:)

11. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

It is only legal in Texas if you can show it needed shooting.

Or was from Oklahoma. :p

12. shooter88

shooter88 New Member

Lol so true... not trying to correct u sir but last i heard it is actually legal in the state of tx now to "hunt" sasqauch the mythical creature lol as funny as that sounds thats the most resent i heard just a couple months ago

13. cottontop

cottontop Guest

bigfoot

George W must have signed that bill.
    cottontop

14. rjd3282

rjd3282 New Member

Why is it we can get crystal clear pictures of everything in the world except big foot and aliens? Some how all the camera's suddenly can't seem to focus. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Aug 27, 2012
  15. trip286

trip286 New Member

I tried to hit one with my truck once. Glad I didn't. It was just a huge hairy guy checking his mail...

16. Datalore

Datalore New Member

Ok. Let's say that out walking through the woods you happen upon a verifiable Sasquatch. 9-11 ft tall weighing in at over 1000 pounds. How close would you have to be to have no question that it was a person dressed up. I am thinking very close. At that range what would be enough gun. I am thinking if I have less than a 4570 marlin guide gun or such you would be foolish to aggravate something that may take forever to bleed out with a smaller caliber. I can only imagine the beat down the mythical creature could give when he was mad and wounded.

17. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I would not shoot it unless it made my unicorn bolt and throw me.

Otherwise I'd set a live trap and bait it with Rosie O'Donnell.

Attached Files:

18. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

I believe the theory that bigfoot prefers to go by the name bubba, and happens to just be a really hairy redneck :D :p

19. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

Dammit, I was eating!!!!

:p

20. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Rosie O'Donnell? are you wanting to catch him or scare him away?:eek:

if you want to catch him, you need Jack Link's beef jerky!:D