opinion on machine gun ban?

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by beastmode986, Jun 7, 2012.

1. beastmode986

beastmode986 New Member

Ok i know this has probably been discussed before but i was wondering what you guys think of the machine gun ban of 1986? The reason i ask is because me and my dad were talking and we got into politics. He was telling me how Regan signed the ban because he was shot i told him that Regan was being a baby due to the fact that people are shot all the time and alot of them then buy a gun to protect themselves not go and ban them unless they are a liberal loony.He said well hes the president so its much different. What do all of you think?

2. tiberius10721

tiberius10721 New Member

If the the govt can have it their gun rack we should be able as citizens to have it in ours. The framers of the constitution never wanted the average citizens to be outgunned by the government.

3. Ranger-6

Ranger-6 New Member

First it's the machine gun, then assault weapons, then pistols, then rifles, the crossbows, then compound bows, then knives, then spears, then slingshots, then silverware, then sticks and stones, and then civilization will start over.

4. Mason609

Mason609 New Member

I think a ban on most things is utterly retarded. However, I think if those retards want to ban certain (or all) firearms, then we should be able to ban certain people from reproducing.... (like crazy liberals and alex jones and david icke)

5. kfox75

kfox75 Well-Known Member Supporter

Yes, Regan did sign a law that banned civilian ownership of fully automatic weapons manufactured after May of 1986. This law was part of a package that also greatly changed laws that were put into place by the gun control act of 1968, in that it lessened some of the restrictionsof the GCA of 1968. Google the Firearm Owner Protction Act of 1986 and research it. From there you will be able to draw your own conclusions.

Civilians are NOT banned from owning full auto or selct fore weapons by federal law if they were manufactured before May 9, 1986. As long as your state allows you to posess the weapon, you can pass an ATF background check, and you pay the applicable federal tax on said firearm. I myself have no need or a full auto firearm but, I do agree it would be a fun toy to have. And if the government can have them we should not have our rights infringed. We should be able to buy new as well.

6. beastmode986

beastmode986 New Member

no i mean its ridiculous that we have to have a tax stamp and it has to be made before 1986 .

7. Garadex

Garadex New Member

I think we should be able to get new production full auto guns for a more affordable price but keep the same background check for it. Already have enough rang ninjas with AR's they don't need an M16.

8. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

This I agree with, they should be treated as they are now, except new production full auto's should be available.

9. opaww

opaww New Member

If you all would of voted for me as president I would of made the government issue each and every law abiding citizen of legal age who is not a mental case at least one full auto M4, 7 30 round mags., 5000 rounds for their use each 3 months and a new colt .45auto with 3 mags each and 1000 rounds or ammo.

10. okdonk

okdonk New Member

I agree with everyone said. We should be able to purchase and own new production of Full Auto. I don't mind doing or paying DOUBLE to TRIPLE the cost of the tax stamp and time.
    Well, hope it happens in my this lifetime. ;)

11. Mason609

Mason609 New Member

Does it have to be a Colt? I prefer the S&W 1911.

12. Vincine

Vincine New Member

What are you? Swiss? :)

13. JonM

JonM Moderator

The swiss got that part right.

Reagan didnt ban them because he got shot. You have to remember regean was a gun banner and anti freedom regardless of his rhetoric since the the begining. He had a long history of trying to ban and banning guns as the governor of california.

The gun ban of 1986 was a defacto ban on ownership since liberals like reagan knew over time the ones in private hands would be destroyed by attrition over the years. They knew as the owners died out the folks inheriting them wouldnt know the laws and end up turning them in or getting confiscated or they would break beyound repair

Reagan is also the one that made deficit spending a way of life for the federal govt.

May his blackened soul burn in hell for all time and beyound

Last edited: Jun 7, 2012
  14. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

Don't be bashful Jon. Tell us exactly how you feel about Reagan. :D

15. JonM

JonM Moderator

I really dont have much love for him. Just cutting tax rates means nothing if your constitutional rights are taken away.

If you dont have firearms you cant defend your right to speach and all other rights.

If it is not for sale to lawful citizens then it should not be available to police or military

Last edited: Jun 7, 2012
  16. beastmode986

beastmode986 New Member

good stuff^^^ Yes i agree full auto should be treated as now but without a tax stamp however id be willing to pay the tax stamp if the latest machine guns were available for citizens.I mean i would love to have an aa12 for home defense loaded with 00 buckshot:D

17. therewolf

therewolf New Member

Well, isn't that special?

IMHO, machine guns shouldn't be banned. We all should

also monitor our less than stable individuals better.

That said, I have no personal interest in MGs.

Spray and Pray isn't my thing, and ammo gets too

costly, at those rates of fire, not to mention wear and tear

on the guns...

18. TimL2952

TimL2952 New Member

I would be completely fine if they just made them hard(er) to get instead of just straight up banning them.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2012
  19. beastmode986

beastmode986 New Member

i honestly think its ridiculous that you have to do all the extra stuff to own a full auto but as said before i wish we had modern fully automatics that we could buy even if we had to do extra work.It sucks that because of stupid decisions others make we have to suffer as well.Just because someone does something stupid doesn't mean you take away everyone's rights or restrict them i mean how are all of us in control of what someone else does. That's like when a teacher punishes the whole class because one kid made a stupid decision.

20. opaww

opaww New Member

There has been so few cases of illegal use of legal full automatic weapons in there history in the U.S. that it reall did not warrent the restrictions we have in place.