Opening Day

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by Rugers9, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Rugers9

Rugers9 New Member

Who's going Bird hunting its a great family tradition of mine.

ForumRunner_20120831_185929.jpg

2. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Speaking of familytraditions and bird hunting- one beautiful Septermber day, several years ago- opening day for doves- cut over corn field- with a cookout planned for after the hunt- in the same field, all hunting doves- my grandad, dad, self, son, and my grandson. 5 generations of us got some birds that day- and all of us have the same middle name.

Grandad and Dad are gone now, but we did have one hunt together.

3. Rugers9

Rugers9 New Member

That's what's its all about!

4. ineverFTF

ineverFTF New Member

Beautiful story c3, memories like that will last for generations.

5. Centurian22

Centurian22 New Member

That is awesome C3! I wish more of my family was active in shooting / hunting while 'everyone' was still around. I am lucky enough to have been a part of some 4 generation pictures that I value very much.

6. Blueguns

Blueguns New Member

C3, that's a great story. Ive I only been part of a 3 gen. hunt.

Went out for doves opening weekend didn't even have a shot, but went bagged 4 out of five this morning.

7. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

Went with my dad Friday. Good day.

8. Rugers9

Rugers9 New Member

Its been a good season here in as these ring necks are taking over tho

9. Blueguns

Blueguns New Member

I don't mind Eurasians too much. They taste about the same.

10. ToddJ

ToddJ New Member

Family hunts, my father and I have been traveling west for the last 20 years, and yes it is a tradition. Hunting in Kansas, Nebraska, South Dakota and Montana. Some year's making two trips, and a couple we made three trips west. We plan all year for a hunt. Raising our on hunting dogs for the last 40 years, also a family tradition. This year, it's South Dakota!

1107081413_1_0001.jpg

11. Kdub

Kdub New Member

I'm not much of an upland game guy but my dad and I are avid avid waterfowlers. Been with him every opening morning for 17 years of hunting and before that wheb I couldn't hunt. Not to mention the rest of the season we spend together in the marsh. Once you have mud in your blood you can't stop. I feel very lucky and grateful I get to spend so much time with my dad. I know when he is gone i will be able to look back and say I made the most of the time we had together.