Open carrying in Colorado

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by sbach311, Dec 17, 2012.

1. sbach311

sbach311 New Member

I was wondering if anybody has open carried in Colorado and if so were you hassled by the cops?

2. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

If it's legal, you're legal and you aren't acting or doing anything suspicious they should have no cause and wont be hassling ya. Generally speaking.

3. jake1

jake1 New Member

I live in new Mexico and I would open carry until I got my ccw license and never had any problem. I don't live anywhere near the libtards in toas or Santa fe so maybe that is why. You may get questioned, but unless the police are investigating a crime or you are in the commission of a crime then as far as I know you have nothing to worry about. Always check with your local laws to make sure. Don't give any LEO or Judge a reason to confiscate your legally acquired firearm

4. JimRau

JimRau Well-Known Member Supporter

Cops will not 'hassle' you but they are required to respond to any complaint of a 'person with a gun'!! So if you want that kind of attention and you want everyone, including the criminals, to know you are armed go a head and carry in the open!!!:rolleyes:
    Welcome to the forum, this is a GREAT place to discuss these matters.
    I spent the first 50 years of my life in CO.:)

Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
  5. maddoccanis

maddoccanis New Member

I used to live in New Mexico and I asked a Santa Fe cop once about open carry and he promised me they would find a reason to stop me if I had a six gun on my hip.