OOPS we lost our FFL

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by gunnut07, Dec 26, 2011.

1. gunnut07

gunnut07 New Member

Red Jacket Firearms of Sons of Guns fame. Lost 10 weapons so the ATF during a rotuine inspection took their FFL of Will Hayden owner. They are currently using the FFL of the gunsmith Vincent Buckles. Rumor has it that he has left the business as well taking their only FFL with him.

Oops: Red Jacket Firearms Loses Their FFL | The Truth About Guns

Here is the ATF site that shows the FFL is in Buckles name.
    Commercial - Search

2. fmj

fmj Active Member

lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. lonewolf101

lonewolf101 New Member

Thats good! I didnt like the show anyway.

4. neilage66

neilage66 New Member

5. downsouth

downsouth New Member

They got way over the top with their builds for me. Not to mention the stuff they were building for the local sheriff.

6. triggernomic

triggernomic New Member

Owned..................

7. trip286

trip286 New Member

She's way cuter than the girl on the other show.

8. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

I never did like the show that much anyway. I thought it was mostly a dog and pony show and did not realy represent us very well. Kind of like the two idiots that attempt to tear the weapons up on their show in the name of testing. I guess the bottom line when you become an FFL Dealer or have and FFL License for what ever reason one should realize there is some responsibility and accountability that goes along with it. You can not afford to be careless! And certainly if you have lost a receiver or a weapon you should report it as soon as you find it is not in inventory no matter how it disappeared. But when they come in for an inspection, that is not the time to find you have 10 guns or receivers missing from your inventory. Inventories should be taken periodically throughout the year to assure the books are correct and everything is accounted for. Recently a dealer surrendered his license to offset prosecution. The reason I could not believe but was true. This mental giant moved his store to another address without reporting the move and having his license address changed! Dhuuuuuuu! Anyway, when they went to inspect the store was not there! When you know all dealers today are under the magnifying glass anyway due to the tempo of the present times and anti-gun position by the administration you should follow everything to the letter! Especially your weapon inventory and Fed Books and Documents. Just makes common sense! ;)
    So I can't say I am very sympathetic to the Sons of Guns situation.

9. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

Hmm... I wonder what our founding fathers would have said if the federal government waltzed into the Springfield Armory back in the day, and shut them down because 10 muskets had gone missing.

And on a side note. Shouldn't the ATF be more concerned about the guns THEY lost. someone should take THIER licenses.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2011
  10. jon1992d

jon1992d New Member

Maybe they shouldnt have been such a$$h0les to vincent. I dont blame him for leaving.

11. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

Well, I guess thats the end of that show, and that business. (at least until someone gets a FFL) I wonder if we'll get to watch them sort out this mess. Now that would be entertaining. :D

Last edited: Dec 27, 2011
  12. gunnut07

gunnut07 New Member

Sorry, these guys are CLASS III manufactures and retailers. When you are dealing with SMG, MG, ect... you need to be more diligent than the regular FFL.

13. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

Well, reviewing the past history of the wonderful BATFE, I'm curious to what exactly went wrong. I'd like more information than what the shortened news story has to offer.

14. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

...It's the ATF!!!! If news broke that the ATF stole those 10 firearms, gave them to the Sinaloa cartel, and blamed it on RJF, I would say to myself, "We'll that makes sense too." Sad but true.

15. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Thats the Feds for you, they dont have any interest in assisting anyone unless you have something that they want.

16. woody63m

woody63m New Member

Does anybody have any hard evidence that this has happened I can't find anything that's not on a forum of some sort I want hard evidence

17. gunnut07

gunnut07 New Member

Did you read the OP.

Take a look at the site I posted here. I said it was the ATF it is not my bad it is the state charter. It lists Vincent as the man in charge. That would mean he was the FFL holder they were using.

Commercial - Search

18. orangello

orangello New Member

DUDE! Her ear is freakish! It reminded me of that character on Goonies.

[​IMG]

19. trip286

trip286 New Member

The other girl has a giraffe neck that reminds me of the cloners from star wars!