Only one 9mm

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by dlee58, Dec 27, 2008.

1. dlee58

dlee58 New Member

If you could have only one 9mm what would you have. This would be to shoot for fun and carry on occasion. Please consider cost, reliability, and maintainence.

Thanks

2. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Only one 9mm?

King of the Nines for a reason.

Any operation outside of the US, this would be my primary sidearm. Ammunition available all over the world, won't announce "American" to anyone who casually observes the holder and almost unprecidented reliability.

Thread Closed.

JD

3. ScottG

ScottG New Member

Except it doesn't feel good in my hands. I'd have to choose the Mak....

4. oldandslow

oldandslow New Member

dlee, 12/28/08

So- one 9mm pistol to do it all? Many options- look at www.summitgunbroker.com at the SW 6906's for $289. Light, accurate and reliable. I couldn't be happier with mine. Other choices- used Sig 228/229 off www.gunbroker.com or www.auctionarms.com. I got mine for $404 off Gunbroker. Another choice- CZ 75, 75 compact or PCR. The CZ line of pistols is often thought of as the best bang for the buck.

The above three are the pistols that fit your criteria reasonably well. I'm sure others will chime in with other helpful suggestions as well. Good luck.

Happy New Year- oldandslow

5. Franciscomv

Franciscomv New Member

A Ruger SP 101 with a 3" barrel. :D

If it has to be a semi-auto, then a CZ 75 with nice wood grips.

An FN GP35 would be my second choice, there's something about that gun that drives me nuts, even though I'm a die hard revolver guy (I'm trading/selling my last two semi-auto pistols next week).

6. sgtdeath66

sgtdeath66 New Member

the 92sf from berreta or taurus' 99ss. both great 9's. so how much are you willing to spend for your life is the first ? to ask

7. kdog

kdog Member

Well considering I only have one firearm untill now, I would still shoose the CZ75.
    Tough, reliable and accurate enough.

8. hillbilly68

hillbilly68 New Member

thats easy, one that shoots .45ACP :D

Prolly a G19 or a P226

9. sgtdeath66

sgtdeath66 New Member

and then theres that:)

10. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

CZ SP-01 Tactical with about 9 magazines (with a +1 base plate to make them all 20 rounders). :cool:

[​IMG]

Now if for some reason I had to stay with American designed firearms it would be the Browning Hi-Power:

[​IMG]

11. ScotZ

ScotZ New Member

Definatly SIG 226. I have a .40 229 and freaking love it. All my other pistols are jealous:D

12. sgtdeath66

sgtdeath66 New Member

glock sub compact. you cant even feel the recoil, and there tiny

13. Bighead

Bighead New Member

If I could only have one 9mm and it had to cover everything:

Glock 19.

14. 741512th

741512th New Member

No question, no doubt, no hesitation - - - Browning HiPower over any other 9mm on earth. 80%(?) of the 9mm you might be considering are based on that one nearly perfect sidearm.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2008
  15. 741512th

741512th New Member

THE 9mm. None better, all the others are just wishing they were one.

Attached Files:

• HP.jpg
      HP.jpg
      File size:
      60.9 KB
      Views:
  16. Franciscomv

Franciscomv New Member

I hope I could get one of those in Argentina. FN products haven't been imported for ages and the only Hi-Powers in the market are decades old police trade ins.

17. stetson

stetson New Member

Glock 17 works for me.It has enough size to it I can wrap my hands around the grip so it feels oh so good !

18. matt g

matt g New Member Supporter

The Browning High Power was designed in part (about half) by a Belgium engineer that was working for FN at the time.

To the OP, many companies make 1911s chambered for 9x19 mm these days.

19. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Active Member

I have to wonder WHY I would be limited to the 9mm???? The ONLY way I would choose a 9mm is if the ONLY other choice was .25acp or .32acp. IF I HAD to choose a 9mm, it would be double stack Para-Ordnance 1911.

20. Recon 173

Recon 173 New Member

Go Glock and don't look back. Glocks are the most reliable and most popular handgun for a reason: they're good. A Hi-power??? Nobody carries Hi-powers any more. Didn't those go out of style with muzzle loaders? If not, they should have. :D