Only in my home town.

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by cpttango30, May 14, 2011.

1. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Oregon man flings leg at cops during chase - Red Bluff Daily News Online

An Oregon man threw everything he had into escaping capture, including a prosthetic leg he tossed out his driver's side window Friday.

Again only in my home town.

Red Bluff/Tehama County Police and Fire reports: 05/12/11 - Red Bluff Daily News Online

OMG REALLY...

How the hell do you crash not one but two olive trees? That I would love to see.

Again only in my home town would someone be armed with a freakin HAY HOOK....

2. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I must say, you have some very interesting police reports. :D

3. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

The first guy was convicted of attempting to elude police. Pled guilty.

His lawyer told him he didn't have a leg to stand on. :p

4. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

That is some crazy stuff. And here, all I can think that is cool for a small town is that both the UPS guy and the Postmaster General know me by name. :)

5. Jesse17

Jesse17 New Member

That's not always a good thing. Here they sort the mail by name not address. My wife is constantly having to trade mail with another lady with the same name about 15 miles from us.

6. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

I don't actually have an address. If I order something from say "Cabela's" and I type in my UPS address it comes up as not found. I have to force the order if delivered by UPS. Good that the driver knows me. As far as the PO, I have a PO Box. It is such a small place that the Postmaster works the counter. If I stop in to check my PO Box, he sees me and lets me know if I have a delivery that does not fit in the box. Both are good things for me. :D

The UPS guy used to drop my home orders at my previous place of employment.