Only in america

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by LONGHAIR, Sep 10, 2010.

1. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

ONLY IN AMERICA...can a pizza get to your house faster than an ambulance. only in america...are there handicap parking places in front of a skating rink. only in america...do drugstores make the sick walk all the way to the back of the store to fill their prescriptions,while healthy people can buy cigarettes at the front. only in america...do people orderdouble cheeseburgers, large fries, and a diet coke. do banks leave both doors open and then chain the pens to the counters....do we leave cars worth thousands of dollars in the driveway and put useless junk in the garage...do we buy hot dogs in packages of ten and buns in packages of eight...do they have drive-up ATM machines with braille lettering. EVER WONDER did I leave any out Why didn't Noah swat those two moszuitoes? or mouse-flavored cat food. IT MUST BE A FULL MOON !!!:eek::eek:

2. orangello

orangello New Member

Ever seen a McDonalds door with a sign that reads "picture menus available"?

3. Angry_bald_guy

Angry_bald_guy Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

That has got to be the best one.

4. orangello

orangello New Member

It made me wonder enough to ask a sober person if it made sense to them. It didn't.

5. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Honest!! I've braille on doors where Navy pilots are trained. But worse is braille on the shooting stalls at a range I used to go to.

6. orangello

orangello New Member

:eek::eek::eek: Some body armor recommended!

7. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

And braille on drive up ATM's. Really?? :confused:

8. Bigdog57

Bigdog57 New Member

Here at work, my floor is home to the Division of Blind Services - many of their employees are sight-impaired. Things can get 'interesting' in the men's room...... ;)
    Had one young man, Adam, speaking of a lady co-worker who had just left for another agency - holding his white cane, he quips "And she had great legs!"
    I almost choked myself trying not to laugh.......... :D

Mickey Dee's sign at the drive through - "Warning! Coffee is HOT!" floors me everytime I see it! :)

9. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

Seriously?!

10. Dzscubie

Dzscubie New Member

Then next time you are in McDonalds look closely at the keys on the register. They have little pictures of the items on them and if you don’t want onions they have a onion with a red circle and slash through it. I’m not kidding they don’t punch in the amount anymore they punch the picture that’s why if the total is $4.58 and you give them a $10 dollar bill, two quarters and a dime they give you that deer in the headlights look.

11. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

I am SO out of touch.....

12. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

That happens to me a lot. Give someone more than the amount to get a rounded amount back and they look lost. Srsly, it's simple ****ing math people, go back to skewl! :(

13. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

I forgot to take my Kevlar pills today!

Still waiting to see if the gubbmint is going to require the cockpit of a jet fighter to be wheelchair accessable..........:cool:

Altho we DID have one genius of a city inspector that was insisting that light switches be labeled in braille- so that a blind person could turn on the lights in their apartment. (DOOOH!)

Last edited: Sep 10, 2010
  14. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Or being told (at my request for a "half dozen" doughnuts), that they can sell me 6 but not a "half dozen".

Last edited: Sep 11, 2010
  15. Angry_bald_guy

Angry_bald_guy Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Stupidity should be painful.

16. orangello

orangello New Member

Ask for a "baker's dozen" and throw them way way off.

17. gregs887

gregs887 New Member

If you look at the machines, 99% of the time its the same machine as the walk up. Even if it isn't, the keypads are all made in the same place. Cheaper to put braille on all of them then to have two separate manufacturing processes.

18. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

19. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

Only in America...Obama wins two elections ...We better hope-not....