Online gun buying

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by farthingdv, Nov 22, 2012.

1. farthingdv

farthingdv New Member

I'm aware of gunbroker and budsgunshop... Any other recommendations?

2. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

3. sparky80

sparky80 New Member

Sportsman's Outdoor Superstore, Aim Surplus.

4. Polygon

Polygon New Member

Cheaper Than Dirt.

5. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Guess sumbody shud ask--You talking about auctions or online dealers?

6. farthingdv

farthingdv New Member

Dealers. Thanks for all the responses

7. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Check out WeaverGunSights (think that close enuff to google)
    Been awhile but they used to have sum great deals- Mostly used tho if i recall-

8. Jtelli71

Jtelli71 New Member

Grabagun.com

They have been GREAT to deal with. In the last 4 months I've bought 4 guns from them. They are by far my favorite. Just got my shield 9mm from them last week...

9. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

My favorite: for quality used, police trade in, police confiscated, and brand new (specific brands popular to police and military like Sig & Glock)... Summit Gun Broker

10. Olympus

Olympus New Member

I've bought from J&G Sales, AIM Surplus, and Wholesale Hunter. All were very smooth transactions.

11. wayno148

wayno148 New Member

Just bought my third firearm from Bud's small prob with last order but they very generously took care of.

12. Chase127

Chase127 New Member

I've never bought a firearm online how does it work what should i be cautious of?

13. JonM

JonM Moderator

if you buy from a recognized wholesailer or ffl retailer or individual you need to be sure your not a prohibited person and can actually complete the background check when the firearm arrives at your local ffl person.

basicly the process works like any other online purchase except your ffl dealer typically needs to send a copy of his ffl to the retailer/wholesaler your buying from. they then send the gun after you have paid to your ffl and the paperwork is the same as any other gun buy.

if your buying from an individual the individual needs to send his info to your ffl to complete the transfer paperwork.