Online Ammo Sales Under Fire!

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by BigByrd47119, Jul 30, 2012.

1. BigByrd47119

BigByrd47119 New Member

Just saw this, dunno if anyone else has...

Obama Will 'Evaluate' Bill Limiting Online Ammunition Sales, White House Says: via HuffPost http://huff.to/Pe8Txa

"White House Deputy Press Secretary Josh Earnest said Monday that President Barack Obama will "evaluate" new legislation that effectively bans online sales of gun ammunition, but he wouldn't say whether the president could support it."

2. LikeABoss

LikeABoss Member Lifetime Supporter

limiting online sales will not stop crazy, focus on stopping crazy

3. bkt

bkt New Member

It's plausible. He probably wouldn't make a move 'til after November, though.

4. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

Guess I better stock up for local sales. These people are idiots!

5. BigByrd47119

BigByrd47119 New Member

Just an FYI advisory is all :)

6. Badshot320

Badshot320 New Member

Just read an article about this, anyone purchasing ammo will have to have a picture ID and purchases over 1000rds will have to be reported within 5 business days. Go get your bulk ammo packs from Walmart now.

Badshot

7. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

I wonder what they will do to those of us who buy pallets at a time? I'm sure I see a new form coming up and another FBI/ATF department to oversee ammo sales :mad:

8. orangello

orangello New Member

OK, so most of the people on this forum are law-abiding types with their stuff wired tight; why not FLOOD the new goonsquad with over 1000 round purchases by every squeaky clean former LEO and such who can afford some ammo? If they get buried in paper for a year or so and can't show any results for their budget, this idea might not get so well funded next budget.

9. orangello

orangello New Member

I thought you were an FFL? This 1000 round crap is for "unlicensed" individuals, IIRC.

10. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

1000 rds , hell we went thru more than that this weekend ? WTH

11. KalashnikovJosh

KalashnikovJosh New Member

This crap won't get past the House..........

12. sgttessnc

sgttessnc New Member

The new legislation, dubbed the Stop Online Ammunition Sales Act, rests on four pillars, according to Lautenberg's office:

It requires anyone selling ammunition to be a licensed dealer.

It requires ammunition buyers who are not licensed dealers to present photo identification at the time of purchase, effectively banning the online or mail order purchase of ammo by regular civilians.

It requires licensed ammunition dealers to maintain records of the sale of ammunition.

It requires licensed ammunition dealers to report the sale of more than 1,000 rounds of ammunition to an unlicensed person within any five consecutive business days.

13. opaww

opaww New Member

Hummm I just re-read the Second Amendment and can't for the life of me find in it any right of the government to restrict how much ammo or how I buy it, nor athority for the government cockroaches to regulate the sellers of ammo.

14. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

It won't pass congress. Even the demo- commies know it's politicAL suicide.

15. billt

billt New Member

Hopefully, the only move he'll be making after November will be back to Chicago. They've got plenty of gun control there to keep him happy.

16. JWagner

JWagner New Member

This might be a real boost to home reloading.

17. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

18. BigByrd47119

BigByrd47119 New Member

Had not thought of it that way, but powder and other componants will probably be added in :p

19. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

Lack of reality from the democratic left in Congress!

Expect an E.O. on this matter, watch the Fridays, that is usually when this might drop!

One day......in our lifetime......there IS going to be a fight.

Check out these comments from AR15 forum, sorry language might offend the weak at heart :rolleyes:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/13...unition_Sales_Act_announced_7_30_.html&page=1

Now I did some digging on the so-called new legislation, nothing except discussion on "The Stop Online Ammunition Sales Act"

Here is cheaper than dirt:

http://cheaperthandirt.com/blog/?p=24254

Last edited: Jul 30, 2012
  20. BigByrd47119

BigByrd47119 New Member

Wow them boys are really fired up over there...lol...good for them, we need it!