One year later...gulf sea food...

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by LONGHAIR, Apr 20, 2011.

1. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

BP & OIL on the beach...Would you eat Gulf Shrimp??...and Gulf Seafood??...My mom & dad just got back from Gulf Shores Alabama said the food was fine...But heard story's of some of the food tasted funny,like the Shrimp...They don't eat shrimp so they don't know how it tasted....They had fish and said it tasted good...Where it was from in the Gulf they did not know.......

2. BlindOldMan

BlindOldMan New Member

Odd thing.. I flew out of LA the day the explosion occurred. I'd eaten a lot of gulf seafood at the time. I'm going back in a couple months to do the same.

Depending on what you read, the levels of petroleum based substances and dispersants is either negligible or very high. But the majority seem to say that the levels are significantly higher than it was before the spill.

The other argument is that regulations are very stringent, so even if levels are high, it's not necessarily harmful.

I'm going to New Orleans to eat at a particular restaurant (lots of seafood), but I don't eat Gulf seafood regularly so this *one* time shouldn't cause a second head to sprout (I hope).

3. TimL2952

TimL2952 New Member

what a coincidence. My friends here at school just got back from spring break at Gulf Shores, Alabama about a week ago...My buddy Tyler loves sea food and he said it tasted great

4. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

I have not been to any sea food distributor (like Joe Patti's) since the explosion, but in a review of "1 year later" done by the local TV station WEAR 3, and the Pensacola News Journal, everything is getting (for the most part) a "thumbs up".

The owner of Joe Patti's seems to have a leeriness of shrimp and oysters.

5. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

Yes my mom & dad said as fare as they know the seafood they ate was from Key West Florida and not from Gulf Shores Alabama...So maybe that's why it was good...BP still has alot of people pissed-off down there......I hope this vacation season is better for the south then last year.....

6. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

I haven't yet but I'm ready to, Gulf Shrimp is one of my favorite foods.