One step closer

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by Dzscubie, Sep 11, 2010.

1. Dzscubie

Dzscubie New Member

As you guys know I'm working toward starting to compete in Cowboy Action Shooting. Well, went to a gun show this morning to look around and was trying to find a 38/357 rifle. They had a bunch of 30-30 and other calibers but only one in 38/357 and it was a butt ugly carbine with brass tacks and such stuck all over it. Anyway I had no luck on what I was looking for. Glass and I went with a good friend and we had been talking and he said something about bringing a shotgun to the gun show as he had bought it and never fired it and might as well trade it. I asked what type and OMG he said it was a lever action. Turned out it was the exact shotgun I wanted and he wanted to trade. To make a long story short I now own a never fired reproduction of John Brownings 1887 lever action 12 GA shotgun. I had no idea my friend had the shotgun and he had no idea I was looking for one. Here she is, I hope to take her out tomorrow for a range test.

Attached Files:

2. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

That's damn beautiful and is still on my wish list. :eek:

I hate you! :rolleyes: :(

3. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper New Member

Nice!!!
    Now go get her dirty...pardner[​IMG]

4. Dzscubie

Dzscubie New Member

You would really hate me Jack if I told you how much Linda paid for it.. I almost feel bad about taking it.... Is it stealing if they don't realize you stole it from them??? :D

5. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Most excellent! :D

6. collegekid20

collegekid20 New Member

VERRRYYY nice shotty you got there. I love lever action rifles. lever action shotguns are even better. Whats the barrel length on that puppy?

7. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

Scube, that is one of the coolest shotguns of all time. If I am ever in your area, I request the opportunity to shoot it.

8. lonyaeger

lonyaeger Active Member

She's a beauty, I didn't know anyone even MADE a lever-action shotgun! Be interested to know how she feeds.

9. Dzscubie

Dzscubie New Member

She has a 20" barrel and he wood is just beautiful as she has been a safe queen. My friend bought her last year on a whim and never even fired her she has just sat in the safe. I have run my snap caps through her and she seems a little rough on the cycling but I believe that will smooth out with use. Actually I sat here last night running my snap caps through a “few” times and she is not quite as smooth as butter now but she is getting there. I will take her to the range today and let y’all know if she likes to play, pictures of course. :D

10. Snakedriver

Snakedriver New Member

Man, that's a real nice shotgun! You did good.

The real deal carried in a saddle scabbard on horseback by my cowboy uncle when he rode the cattle range up in Colorado back in the 1920's:

Winchester_01.JPG

Winchester_03.JPG

Bet you would of loved to get one of these Rossi beauties in .38 /.357 mag. back when I bought one for $182.50:

Rossi_01.JPG

Rossi_07.JPG

Shoots great!!!

Last edited: Sep 12, 2010
  11. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

That is a real nice addition Scubie. Love those old cowboy guns.

JD

12. diggsbakes

diggsbakes New Member

Scubie that is a wonderful find. Don't feel bad about the price. It went to a good home and will be used for a good purpose.

Please let us know how much fun it is. :)