One of those WEAK MOMENTS...

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by Mark F, Oct 7, 2008.

1. Mark F

Mark F New Member Supporter

I had one of those weak moments at my favorite gunshops yesterday...

There it was, a Ruger P345 calling my name. This is the "only" caliber I didn't have in my collection! (45ACP). I really got one hell of a deal on this 45, a brand new P345 for $339.00! I must be living right or something...

I plan on making this my CONCEALED CARRY and passing my Kel Tec on to a needy friend.

Attached Files:

• P345.jpg
      P345.jpg
      File size:
      28.3 KB
      Views:
  2. BigO01

BigO01 New Member

Rugers guns are known for their durability it should serve you well .

Never fired that model but I have a couple of the 9mm's of the same basic design couldn't get use to the trigger pull to shoot very accurately or the slide mounted safety myself , flipping a safety up for off was just too unnatural for me .

3. Mark F

It is a little different but I doubt it'll be a problem. The trigger pull is very light on this one, for some reason. It "feels" like 3 LBS on SA and about 6/7 pounds on DA.

The ONLY thing I don't like is the Mag safety! I like my guns to fire even if the mag is out, if there's one in the pipe. This 45 will certainly make a better carry than my Kel Tec P3AT.

4. RVG40

RVG40 New Member

First pistol I ever owned was a Ruger P-95 9mm. Loved that gun. Shot great. Wish I still had it.

5. hillbilly68

hillbilly68 New Member

Awesome! Good for you, congrats on the new arrival. Great price too.
    Agree with you, I have never owned a gun with a mag safety on it. I prefer to be the one that chooses whether it fires, not a mechanical cutoff.
    Gotta love the Rugers, bet you cant wait to run a few boxes through her. Enjoy

6. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Not a huge fan of Ruger centerfire pistols but to each his own. I would certainly feel much better armed with this gun than a small bore pocket pistol like a Kel-tec.

Mag safety is a much maligned feature. I have two S&W's w/mag safeties. There are some training issues that should be addressed for such guns. No tactical reloads w/o cover. Always firmly seat a magazine (as you should with any auto loader). If a bad situation gets worse and someone is trying to disarm you (to use your gun against you), pop the mag out and fight with both hands. Weapon retention normally requires one hand retaining the weapon and one to fight with. That leaves you at 50% against a bad guy fighting at 100%.

Tailor your training to the weapon system you are carrying.

7. ScottG

ScottG New Member

Does it come without the two tone scheme? $339 for a .45 isn't too bad....

8. glockfire

glockfire New Member

quite the step up in power! Very nice and good for you!

9. Mark F

Yes they are available in one color.

10. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

Congrats on the purchase. Ruger makes a fine firearm.

11. Mark F

Thanks Sarge,

I haven't made it to the range yet, but I expect the P345 will perform like a Ruger. It has a really good feel and good balance. I read yesterday (on the internet) that "standard" 8 round 1911 magazines fit this pistol. I will give this a try today!

12. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

I've heard nothing but good about these pistols. I like how comfortable they feel in hand. I think Ruger is going a good direction with this one.

13. Mark F

It's definitely an improvement, it has a solid feel to it. I broke it down this morning to give it a good clean-up prior to shooting. It's very easy to break down... Pull out the slide lock lever, push down an internal pin, and its disassembled. It goes back together just as easy.

I'm really liking this pistol! I hope it shoots as good...

Attached Files:

14. Mark F

And here she is, ready to ROCK!

Attached Files:

15. Kaptin

Kaptin New Member

These are great pistols...You should be very happy with your choice, and you got yours for about $100 less than I paid!

16. Mark F

A buddy of mine owns a gun shop and he cuts me some slack now & then.