one more nighthawk on its way home :)

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by tacticalfun, Aug 30, 2012.

1. tacticalfun

tacticalfun Active Member

Bob marvel .22lr ..couldnt resist...again. will update when she's here.

pix719762200.jpg

2. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Ooohhhhh, you got it BBBAAADDDDDD!!! LOL

Have you even SHOT the 10MM yet?! Or are you just running willy nilly through the Nighthawk site with reckless abandon. :p

I am looking forward to your report. As we discussed, I have looked at the Bob Marvel .22 conversion on several occasions and pulled out my credit card only to look at that "purchase" button and second guess myself. :eek:

Looks like there are now TWO Nighthawk Spokesmen here on FTF. I expect you to hold up our reputation and beat back Canebrake at every 1911 turn. ;)

3. tacticalfun

Lol! The 10 is coming with me to idpa tomorow.. and the nighthawk site is very dangerous!

4. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Looking forward to your shooting impressions.

With the full sized, steel, and +P .45, I can stay all in the 8-10 ring at 10 yards doing double taps. That makes JD feel very comfortable knowing that. ;)

I imagine with that 6" all steel long-slide the 10mm will be a mere pup in the barking land of recoil, and should handle like a dream.

And your a bastard for adding a second in less than a week! :p

5. tacticalfun

Was also fondling this other 10mm today.

ForumRunner_20120830_213649.jpg

6. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Yeah?

Nooooo. That is not a pistol anyone should actually own unless you have TOO much money. :eek:

7. tacticalfun

Lol. I did not buy it. Considering a lady hawk for my other half though

8. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Oh, Lady Hawk is a FORBIDDEN term around here. :mad:

Allow me to demonstrate.....

This is a 9mm Nighthawk Talon II that I ordered from NHC. I asked for slim grips, a slim frame if available, and a beveled mag well for easy reloads. Nighthawk claimed they did not have a "thin frame" Talon II frame when I ordered, but thin grips were not a problem. I also had a trigger job done upon arrival and the weapon was built with an upgraded spring to handle 147 grain +P hollow point ammo.

I ordered this weapon the year before the Lady Hawk was released at SHOT. :rolleyes:

Many of you know I moonlight as an apprentice gunsmith. I designed this weapon for my girl from the ground up to maximize usability, carry-ability and lethality with the 147gr. +P hollow points that must feed reliability.

My gal LOVES this weapon and refuses it to sell it and buy a Lady Hawk because she thinks I am a brilliant gunsmith who set the industry standard that Nighthawk copied.

These pictures are not indicative of how the weapon CURRENTLY looks as she has made a couple of "fashion" upgrades? :eek:

Attached Files:

9. tacticalfun

Thats beautiful.

10. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Thanks. I designed it for my girl and she shoots it like a champ. She carried it at a Wounded Warrior Project volunteer event all day and didn't print or complain about the weight. ;)

At the range, even with +p, she shoots it really well. I mean like "I would not want her shooting at me" kind of good with it. :eek:

She says it fits her hand just about perfect for her hand size, it doesn't have the thin frame, and she loves it. She says it's the most perfect weapon she has ever fired, and she has shot a lot of weapons in her time since I have known her.

It's limited in capacity, but with 147gr. +P hollow points, I think if she gets a shot, she will empty the mag and many of those shots will be on target.

If you asked us if the Lady Hawk is worth it and if it would protect your gal, we would give it rave reviews as long as she can handle the dual safety and is used to shooting a 1911.

I don't think there is a better 1911 choice for smaller hands. ;)

JD

11. tacticalfun

She allready has an sti elektra that she shoots well...it jams ALOT though.

12. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

My designed Talon II with hollow point feed as a must has NEVER had a jam or a problem.

YMMV

13. tacticalfun

Will look into it tomorow...so many pretty ones lol

14. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I examined the Lady Hawk at SHOT. It's thin and very well built. I think it would fit small hands quite well. I would NEVER bet against a Nighthawk going bang when it was needed. ;)

15. canebrake

canebrake New Member

MMMMmmmmm.....NH

** drool **

16. tacticalfun

10mm was a doll...recoil was minimal. Will post more tomorow

17. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

*kicking rocks* Damn it! I was worried that was going to be the report. :eek:

18. tacticalfun

One of the mags feeds funny...but other than that it was point and x ring. This things amazing