one HUGE fish

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by spittinfire, Jul 16, 2009.

1. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Good post spitt, did you read the comments posted under the pictures. It sated in the article that after the landing of the bute and the photo-op they returned the fish back into the river unharmed. Catch, picture, release.

COMMENT QUOTE: These people get a kick out of killing such a fish and never give a thought to why they do it. They dont need it for food or to survive. Fishing is a cruel and unnecessary passtime. That fish obviously became so big through natures means yet in the name of sport this girl has taken its life in the name of sport. She should be ashamed of herself.
    - pete, wrexham, 15/7/2009 13:47

I hate *** holes who cannot pay attention to detail! :mad:

Jack

2. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

That's a great story. I, of course, had to post a snide comment about the fish being alive and released. I couldn't help myself. I think I was channeling Tango there for a moment. :D

3. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

I didn't even look at the comments, what an idiot!

4. LegatoRedrivers

LegatoRedrivers New Member

What bugs me is all the comments condemning the death of the fish (You know, the death that didn't even happen?) with no thought to how those comments could effect the 11-year old HUMAN girl who might look up her triumph on the news sites. Because, obviously, any harm to the fish is much more important than the emotional welfare of our fellow 'sapiens.

It's like a wise man once said: "If God didn't want us to eat animals, He wouldn't have made them out of MEAT."

5. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

I read some more of those comments and people are still whining about killing the fish, I had to say something.

6. orangello

orangello New Member

Nice catch for a kid & bigger than any i've caught. Now, if she had been hand grabbling, who would've caught whom?

A buddy towed in some grabblers who had engine trouble on Ross Barnett Resevoir in Jackson, MS; he turned down their offer of gas money but accepted three catfish that filled a large ice chest. That's pretty "red" right there, IMO.

7. bigbad-ratman

bigbad-ratman New Member

stupid people...dont read the article then say stupid things. meanwhile, here is a father/daughter combo who went out, did something wholesome and set a FRREAKING WORLD RECORD!!! good job to Mark (dad) and Jessica (daughter). i am truly jealous.

8. Shotgun Shooter

Shotgun Shooter New Member

Thats pretty big. I'd be proud.

S.S.

9. WDB

WDB New Member

Cool story,
    I posted a reminder the fish was released to put the PETA kids back on track