One AK variant for SHTF??

Discussion in 'AK & SKS Discussion' started by whiteydale23, Nov 5, 2013.

1. whiteydale23

whiteydale23 New Member

If you had to choose one AK variant for civil unrest which one would it be and why??

Mine would be the Yugo O-PAP M70 because it's rugged thick reciever, heavy thick barrel for sustained fire, and reinforced trunnion for better accuracy. Also it is very affordable so you can buy another for your wife lol!

2. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

Chinese. Thicker receiver metal and chrome lining for the barrel (can't hurt if the S really HTF.

3. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

Or if we want to consider other variants and even improved versions I'd consider a Galil, Valmet, or Sig really.

4. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

I regularly keep up my skills with the AK, but I would opt for an IMI Galil in .308. Best semi-auto I used to own.:( .308 is a strong round for both animals and humans. Very common round in my neck of the woods. The accuracy is better then it's cousin, the AK.

5. hq357

hq357 New Member

Is there a price limit?

6. hq357

hq357 New Member

Probably a wasr 10/63 gp its made up of parts kit and is the most popular cheap ak parts are everywhere and can easily be replaced and at a cheap price.

7. hq357

hq357 New Member

If there is no price limit then id go with the centerion 39. A 100% american made ak with a milled reciever and comes with nice sights and a v shaped compensator and the american flag stamped right on the receiver. :)

8. whiteydale23

whiteydale23 New Member

Interesting. Yes no price limit!

9. whiteydale23

whiteydale23 New Member

Nice point about the 308 but I'm guessing if SHTF you'll be using this rifle in close quarters and if your using the 308 you might want to use a short barrel. Nothing wrong with more power tho lol

10. hq357

hq357 New Member

image-2875530227.jpg

100% american made!

Attached Files:

11. JonM

JonM Moderator

i would hunt down a semi auto rpd. nothing says stay the hel out of my yard like a belt fed...

[​IMG]

12. ccase39

ccase39 Member

In my experience the answer to this question is the same as the answer to that question of any gun of any caliber. The most dependable one you can buy. All things considered the knock down power and accuracy are going to be basically the same with any AKs of the same caliber.
    For me I would rather a home defense shotgun with a pistol grip for home and the AK or AR for when I have to go on food runs for long distance shooting. Strap the shotgun to my back in case I need close range protection.